Chapter 3

He was like two inches away from me, breathing heavily in my face.

For a second I thought he was going to either kiss me or kill me and I didn't like both.

This is getting way too weird for me.

"Luke? what are you doing?"

"You should never talk about this little incident ever again or I promise you you'll regret it"

I tried to form some words but all that came out was ''W-what?''

''Don't tell anyone about what happened neither at school nor at your house. I'm serious. Don't you even think about telling someone"

"Okay, hold on. Who do you think I'm going to tell? My imaginary friends or my out-of-the-country best friend? You're really overreacting here"

"I'm overreacting because it's a big deal and you should keep your mouth shut about it"

"That's a nice way to say thank you for helping me, you're welcome by the way"

"I'm going back to school"

He pulled away from me and I noticed that he could barely walk straight. I quickly grabbed his hand and turned him around to look at me again.

''I won't tell anyone I promise. And you're in no condition to be walking to school, I'm driving you there''

''You don't have to do this Hailey, I can handle myself''

''Yeah! Like you handled yourself with those four guys at school''

"As you said, they were four. Look it's over now and I want to go"

"Okay fine just take these pills and I'll drop you off at school"

"Okay"

''Oh and I've cleaned your shirt it's on the coffee table''

We went back to the living room and Luke took off his shirt. I don't know how I didn't notice it before but Luke is totally hot. I would be lying if I said that he wasn't.

How could he not defend himself against his attackers with that body?

'Well, probably because they had a knife or something and they were four' I said to myself.

Luke is increadibly hot. Okay I need to snap out of it right now.

I grabbed my sister's car keys and opened the door to leave.

Luke was struggling to walk, he could barely move.

If he couldn't make it to the front door, how is he going to go around school?

''Do you want to just go home instead of school?'' I asked.

''My mom would kill me if she knew I wasn't at school''

''But you can't go, you barely can walk to the door''

''Yeah, I know'' he paused for a moment and then asked with pleading eyes ''I really need a favor"

"You mean another favor?"

"Um.. can I stay here until school is over? I know it's a lot to aks and I'm sorry but I really have no where to go and then I'll leave you alone I promise"

Luke really needed help and I couldn't tell him no, even though I knew the guy for two days and he could be a serial killers or something, I can't let him go looking like that and struggling the way he does injured. So I agreed.

''Yeah, sure, but aren't they going to call your mom when they can't find you? You're skipping last period''

''They'll call if I miss a whole day, if I skip just one period or two they will interrogate me tomorrow. I'll figure something out''