Chapter 15

(Hailey's POV)

''Do you still want to have your day out? Or you want to leave?'' Jake asked once we were back on the road.

''I still want my day out but I want to eat first, if you don't mind''

''Of course we'll eat then I'll show you your third surprise and it's the best I can promise you that''

I smiled because I knew how much I would love it just like I loved the first two.

We drove listening to the radio both singing along off key.

After an hour of me complaining about how long the ride was, we finally arrived.

It was a small diner in the middle of nowhere with a sigh that read 'Chez Roger'. I think it's French. We entered hand in hand and that made me smile and we chose a booth at the end of the diner not wanting to be bothered even if there's basically no one here.

A waitress came up to us, she seemed in her late thirty's with an apron around her waist and a big smile on her face. Her hair was tied in a messy bun; it was a simple look for work.

Jake and I both ordered sodas and the waitress went back to the kitchen to get us our drinks.

''So what do you want to eat?'' Jake asked me once I took a look at the menu.

''I'm craving a hamburger right now'' I replied with a laugh.

''I'm getting a Double Cheese with Bacon I don't think a hamburger could fill me up''

''Don't you know that you're already fat?''

''Says the girl who just kissed me''

I was about to reply but the waitress came to us with our drinks.

''Have you made up your minds yet?'' she asked.

''Yeah, we'll have a hamburger with extra fries and a double cheese with bacon'' Jake said as the waitress wrote our orders and went back round the counter.

''Why order the extra fries?'' I asked.

''I don't know but I'm sure that it won't be a waste because I'll make sure to eat them either alone or with your help'' he said with a laugh.

I couldn't help the smile that made its way to my face while I listened to Jake talking about something his little brother did yesterday.

I know I'm not paying attention but I guess I just got lost in my own thoughts. Jake is a sweet guy and I really like him. He took care of me when I was at my worst, he was a gentleman even though I didn't ask for any of thing. But I'm grateful that this happened.

Well everything really happens for a reason.

The waitress snapped me out of my own thoughts when she came back with our food.

''Here you go, hope you enjoy it, have a nice meal'' she said and turned around going back to her station.

''Everything looks delicious and you're right I would be eating the French fries with you'' I said with the smile still plastered on my mouth.

''Help yourself''

We ate slowly not caring about the time. Jake would come up with a few jokes now and then and we would burst into laughter gaining a weird look from other costumers.

But I didn't care; I was having fun at my day out with my boyfriend.

It's weird to say that Jake is my boyfriend; I never thought he would like me but I guess I thought wrong.