Chapter 5

The next three days felt like a century as I waited for my best-friend's return. She was arriving this Sunday morning at 10 a.m. I went straight to her house and waited for the cab to drop her and her parents home. I spotted the taxi a mile away and I couldn't contain the excitement inside me as I jumped up and down waiting for the car to stop.

Once it did, Maggie came out and I ran towards her and gave her the bigest bear hug. I couldn't describe how much I missed her, we were best-friends since we were 6 years old and my parents were friends with hers, so we were pretty close.

When I released her from my grip, she jumped screaming.

"I can't believe I'm here! It's been too long. I've missed you Hails"

"I've missed you too"

"So, what's up with you, I know we've been calling each other like everyday but I just want some more details, tell me about Luke, how is he like? Will I like him? Is he cute? When do I get to meet him? I hope soon because I want to approve him before you two start dating -"

"Okay, hold on. Who said anything about dating? We're just friends and please can I say hi to your parents before we catch up on anything" I said laughing, I swear sometimes she just doesn't stop talking.

I turned to Mr. and Mrs. Stone aka Maggie's parents and welcomed them back. They are like a second family to me, they are really sweet and calm opposite to their daughter who is always excited and jumping and hyper about everything and anything.

I wanted my bestfriend just for me so I turned to the Stones and asked "Would it okay if me and Maggie have a girls night today? I know you just got here but pretty please"

"Yeah sure honey, have fun, she said smiling. I told you they were really sweet.

We went inside her house, well the oppropriate word would be ran into her house. Maggie needed some clothes to take with her, she opened her suit-case and pulled the stuff she needed for tonight. We said goodbye to her parents and then we were off to my house.

As I was driving, my bestfriend who I'm about to murder couldn't stop talking. She kept rambling on and on about Luke.

"So did you two kiss? Did he ask you out? Did you go on a date? Do you love him?"

"For the love of God Maggie shut up" By now I was just laughing at her silliness. "We're just friend, I just met him like a week ago and just so you know I don't like him that way, he's a close friend"

"How close? Oh come on just tell me already what happened with you two"

"I can't tell you that" I teased.

"What? Why?" She asked frowning

"Because nothing happened" I bursted laughing.

"I hate you" She pouted like a puppy.

"No you love me"

"You're going to meet him tomorrow so chill out"

"Since when do you say chill out?" She asked.

"I don't know, it just came out of nowhere, so what did you do this summer?"

 She told me that they went to her grandparents beach house and they had an amazing vacation at the beach, she made some friends there and she promised me that next year I'll be joining her. Just as I told her about my vacationat home watching some crappy TV shows.

"It was the best vacation ever!" I said, sarcasm dripping with every word.

Once we reached my place, we went straight for the kitchen. We were always hungry and not very skinny as well.