Chapter 13

He leaned in and kissed me.

Jake Miller had kissed me Hailey Johnson, the no one of the school.

In what world are we?

He wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me closer to him. First I was choked then I just said to myself that this is real.

I really liked him, he made me feel special, he made me feel like myself, like I'm not a no one anymore, like I belong in this world.

He tried to deepen the kiss but I lightly pushed his chest.

''We're in a public place'' I said as a blush made its way to my cheeks.

He smiled, that smile was going to be the death of me some day.

''I don't really care, I like you a lot and I want you'' he replied.

Was I dreaming or what?

''I wanted to do that since the day I laid my eyes on you'' he continued ''I don't understand why you think so low of yourself? You're a great girl, you're smart, beautiful and what all guys want''

This time I was the one to kiss him. He was so sweet, he did all of this just for me. And I still didn't quite believe him.

''Thank you'' I said when I pulled from the kiss.

''Let's go swim, AGAIN'' he grinned.

That's when I noticed he was already wearing a black bathing suit with his shirt still on.

I grabbed my bag and got out of the shop after Jake had paid the cashier for our stuff.

I tried to hide myself behind Jake when he stopped suddenly and turned around making me collide with his muscular chest.

''Why are you hiding?'' he asked confused.

''Um...'' think Hailey, think! ''The sun'' I blurred out.

I was hiding because I wasn't comfortable with the way I looked. I know I'm not pretty and especially with a bikini.

Jake gave me a glare clearly not believing me.

''Yeah, the sun... Hailey I know why you're hiding''

''And why is that?'' I asked.

''Because you're not comfortable. And even though I had told you, you look beautiful you still don't believe me''

''I believe you Jake'' I know he couldn't lie to me ''I just don't think that every body shares that idea with you''

''Who cares? It's not like we'll be seeing them anytime soon''

He was right and with that, I ran to the sea not caring if I made a fool of myself or not. This was my day, I was going to have fun, with Jake.

I heard him laugh at my childish behavior but soon he joined in and we made a water fight, with me gaining my revenge for what he did to me at the river just some hours ago.

It was 12:30 when we got out of the ocean and changed our clothes.

Jake told me that it was time to eat and I happily agreed. I love food.

He asked me to stay where I was until he came back.

He headed towards his car and I saw him get out a picnic basket from the trunk. I smiled to myself, he was really sweet and I'm lucky to have him.

And all of a sudden a pair of hands made its way around my waist and pulled me against a hard chest.

Jake's smile faded as he rushed towards me.

The guy behind me lowered his head and whispered into my ear.

''Miss me babe?''

It was Jason. I could recognize his voice in a million. God does he not understand that we're done?

Before I could speak Jake grabbed my arm and pulled me from Jason's tight grip.

''Who the hell are you?'' they both said at the same time.

''I'm Hailey's boyfriend, who the hell are YOU?'' Jason replied.

Jake was take back by those words. He let my hand fall and backed away.

''Wait, Jake! He's my EX-boyfriend! Please don't leave'' I pleaded.

Jason put his arm around my neck and his grip got stronger as he whispered again in my ear.

''I AM your boyfriend, and you're going to pay for what you just did'' I barely could breath with his arm blocking me.

''JAKE!'' I called when he was about to go into his car.

Jason was really mad because the next thing he did was not what I expected.

He punched me! In my stomach! My so called boyfriend who 'loved me' punched me. And it hurt like you couldn't imagine.

With his arm still around my neck, I gasped for air. I felt the world spinning and then my knees went weak, when all of a sudden everything went black.

__________________

A/N: There it goes guys, Jason is back. What do you think of him? And what about Jake's reaction? I think it was a bit harsh. Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share.