Chapter 12

We ate some snacks from the loads of food Jake brought and then we were back on the road.

He was focusing on the road like you wouldn't believe. He was a slow driver but a safe one.

I kept looking at him while he was driving.

''Why are you looking at me? Do I have something on my face?'' he said with a smile.

''No, you're just cute when you're thinking too hard''

Wait a minute! Did I just say that? What the hell is wrong with me? Jake was seriously messing with my head.

''I'm a man, I'm not cute. I'm hot'' he said with a smirk.

''Yeah, yeah, keep telling yourself that''

''So...'' I added ''Where are we going?'' I asked impatiently.

''Somewhere'' he replied casually.

''Oh really? I never would've guessed''

''I told you it's a surprise''

''And I told you I don't like surprises''

''Well you liked the first one, you'll love this one''

''Please Mr. Hot tell me what's the surprise!'' I pleaded.

He glanced over to me a smile on his face ''It wouldn't be a surprise if I tell you, would it?''

''Just wait'' he added.

I turned the radio on and sang along some of the songs I knew until I noticed that Jake was giving me a weird look.

''What!'' I hissed.

''You have an incredible voice!'' He exclaimed.

''Yeah, yeah, and you have two heads''

''I'm serious Hailey! You're meant to be a singer''

''Thank you but no thanks''

''What? Why?''

''Because my parents want me to become a doctor. And can we not talk about this today?''

When Jake gave me side glance, he knew he had to drop the subject.

I hated that subject, I wasn't comfortable with it. I wanted to become a singer, I know I can succeed but my parents want me to become a doctor. Well, I don't like doctors. I don't like seeing people in pain. I can't support it. What if I can't help them? They'll be suffering because of me.

''What are you thinking about? We said no thinking, just relax'' Jake said in a worried tone.

''I'm sorry''

''Don't apologize'' he answered then added in a chirpy voice ''WE'RE HERE!''

'Finally' I said to myself as I glanced through the window.

We were at the beach.

''The beach? I love it, thank you'' I threw myself at him and hugged him.

''I know you do, Maggie told me''

''And Maggie gave you bathing suits too?'' I asked sarcastically.

''No, I'm going to buy us those from that shop'' he pointed to a little shop ahead of us.

We went in and I picked a blue bikini which is my favorite color. I chose one not too expensive because Jake insisted that he's the one paying.

So I quickly went in the changing room and put on my new bikini then put away my clothes in my bag.

When I got out, Jake was leaning on a window watching the waves move.

I came up to him and whispered in his ear.

''Hey, lover boy''

Wait! Did I just say that? Again what's wrong with my mind? It's like it can't function properly with Jake around.

He turned around and was about to say something but his jaw fell open and his eyes scanned me then widened.

''Do I really look that bad? I knew this was a bad idea. Maybe we should go home. I should've picked the other one. Maybe I shou-''

I was about to go on when Jake shut me out by calling my name.

''HAILEY!''

''Yeah?''

''You're beautiful'' he said looking me in the eyes.

I didn't notice he was that close to me so I ducked my head and looked t my feet.

No one has ever told me I looked beautiful or even nice.

''Thank you, I guess''

I kept my eyes on the ground until I felt Jake lifting my shin so I could look at him.

I thought he was going to give me some motivational speech when he did something I never thought could happen.

__________________

A/N: What do you think will happen? A kiss maybe? Just be preapred for some surprises. And don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share