Chapter 2

From Maggie

'Sorry Hails, I won't be here next week. My mom got sick and she's in no condition to travel right now. I wish I was there with you especially when Jason is back. Love you, hope to see you soon'

I was stunned. Jason? Really? That's just what I needed right now. I don't understand that guy, we broke up, he moved out, I forgot all about him and he's still coming back? Why just why?

I was mad but I couldn't blame Maggie when her mom is sick. I just had to face my ex boyfriend alone. So I just shut my phone and went to sleep.

***

Second day of hell! Yay for me! I took a quick shower and got ready for school then went downstairs to get some breakfast.

My mom was making pancakes and let me tell you that they are the most amazing pancakes I've even eaten in my life. I stuffed some in my mouth and as predicted they were so good.

I said goodbye to my mom and went outside. I quickly walked to school and found Luke standing in front of my locker.

''Good morning'' he said with a friendly smile.

''Morning'' I mumbled.

"So I was thinking maybe we can go out to lunch today instead of just staying at the cafeteria, I know a great place nearby"

"I'm not hungry" I'm not in the mood to eat.

I'm lonely these days without my bestfriend, plus my stupid exboyfriend who I hate by the way is coming back to hunt me.

''Okay I didn't ask you to eat now. Is there something wrong?'' he asked

''Maybe everthing in my life'' I snapped.

He pulled me into a hug and even though I had known the guy for less than a day it felt warm, it felt good. I felt secure as if I'm safe from all my problems in his arms.I felt like I could trust him. So I hugged him back and that's when I felt the tears in my eyes.

But I couldn't cry. I won't cry!

I pulled back and he insisted again:

''What's wrong?''

''My best friend isn't coming for another week or even more. The guy I loved more than anything and broke my heart is coming back. And I haven't made a single friend since I came here, besides you of course. It's only been two days and I'm already crying.''

I broke into tears and Luke hugged me tighter than before, saying stuff like it's going to be alright, I'll be here for you. But it's not and he's won't. I've known him for a day and I know someone as great as him won't stick around with someone like me.

I nodded and pulled away wiping the tears from my face.

When I was calm again I turned to Luke, he had a worried look on his face. I don't know if he was a good actor or that he really cared.

''Why are you here?'' I asked

''What do you mean?''

''Well, you were standing in front of my locker when I came in, so...''

''I just wanted to say good morning and ask if you need any help finding your classes since you were lost yesterday'' he explained.

''Oh'' was all that could come out of my mouth.

''If you want me to leave, I'll go'' He said with a sad smile.

''No! Please. I was just asking because...'' I trailed off then just said ''because you're the only one that actually wants to tlk to me. I don't know, I just never thought I would find someone with a heart wh actually cares enough to talk to me voluntarily''