day 18

It's getting better.

I've learned that I can't rely on you for my happiness, and that's okay. I can lean on my friends and make myself happy.

Without you, I've noticed so much more. I've noticed how closely my friends have become and I've been left out by them, because all I wanted to do was spend time with you. I've noticed that some of my friends have hated you all along, and I know that they were right for doing so.

There will be better boys out there. Ones who know what I want and accept me for who I am and don't bring me down because I'm in love with "fairy tale endings" and "happily ever afters." Ones who will be willing to make me happy and not criticize my success like you did.

Ones who don't force me to do things I'm not comfortable with, and ones who treat me like I'm their princess, because that's what I deserve. Ones who will tell me I'm good enough and buy me flowers and tell me I'm beautiful every day, even when the thought seems exhausted and I have to reply with "I know, you told me yesterday."

I deserve happiness, and so do you. So does everyone, for that matter. Maybe I'll find someone who will treat me like this, and maybe you'll find someone who will meet your needs and expectations.