Chapter 27

"Evan what the fuck?!" Will shouted pulling away as the music started playing again, couples dancing and enjoying the start of the new year.

Evan looked up at Will and smiled, "Will he's no good for you! You need me."

Will wipe his lips as his eyes watered, "Just leave me alone!" He shouted pushing through the crowds of people until he made his way to the exit.

After an hour of walking, Will made his way to Mike's dorm room and stood outside the door. His tear stained face and bloodshot eyes didn't help with trying to act like nothing had happened.

He stared at the door and knocked it three times, surprisingly the door opened no longer than thirty seconds after to reveal a tired Mike running his hand through his hair. He looked at Will and straightened up, "Oh my god are you okay?" He asked widening his eyes as he opened the door for Will's to come inside.

Will shook his head and sniffled, "I'm s-so sor-sorry!" He sobbed loudly as he made his way into Mike's dorm room.

Mike looked at him confused and held Will's arm, "Hey, what happened?" He whispered softly as he cupped Will's cheek with the other hand.

Will sobbed gibberish and pulled Mike into a hug, crying into his chest and not letting himself catch a breath. Mike lay down with him and rubbed his back soothingly, whispering sweet nothings into Will's ear as he kissed around Will's face.

After what seemed to be an hour Will finally stopped crying, Mike's shirt was soaked from Will's tears.

"Feeling better?" Mike whispered with a small smile as Will sat up and wiped his face.

"You're gonna hate me so I'm gonna give you this back." Will whispered as his voice cracked, slipping the engagement ring off his finger and handing it to Mike.

Mike looked at the ring, "Will what are you doing?" He asked slightly panicked, "Will please don't do this I can't loose you, I would never want to mess with you." He begged as his eyes became glassy.

Will looked away from Mike, "Evan k-kissed me at m-midnight." He choked out as tears formed in his eyes again.

Mike's face went pale as he looked at Will, he sat in silence for five minutes before standing up.

"B-but you didn't like, kiss him back.." Mike smiled shakily as he looked at Will, "Did you?"

Will shook his head and sniffled, "No! I didn't, he wouldn't let go of me, I had to shove him."

Mike exhaled and covered his face, he laughed into his hands and sniffled, "Shit Will, you had me freaked for a second."

Will raised his eyebrows and looked at Mike, "Y-you're not mad?"

"No! You didn't want him to and you didn't kiss back, you had me thinking you cheated on me." He sniffled walking over and holding Will's face, "Put the ring back on idiot." He smiled as he kissed Will, their salty tears mixing together.

Will pulled away and smiled, he slipped the ring back on and hugged Mike tightly "I'm sorry I didn't spend New Years with you." He whispered into Mike's neck.

"It's okay, you were mad at me." Mike whispered, "I would be mad if I was told my fiancé only wanted me for sex at the start." He laughed a little.