||| 02 |||

Ocean

A large white ferry sails across the water. Gray and Zach stand at the rail.

Gray: When they first opened, they had eight species. Now they have fourteen herbivores and six carnivores. That's like fifty tons of food a week.

Zach isn't paying attention, smiling at some pretty teenage girls on a lower deck, Gray notices too. A few minutes later, Isla Nublar comes into view and the ferry sails towards it.

Isla Nublar Deck

The boys disembark from the ship along with the other passengers. A Park Announcer's voice is heard over a P.A. system.

P.A.: Welcome to Isla Nublar, home of Jurassic World. We hope you have a safe and enjoyable stay with us.

The boys stop as the announcement repeats in another language, seeing Zara Young, a bored-looking woman wearing sunglasses, holding a sign with their names on it. But they don't recognize her.

Gray: (to Zach) Where's Aunt Claire?

Zach looks sullen and doesn't reply. The two boys trudge over to meet Zara. A large monorail system which traverses the park is seen in the background.

Train

The brothers are seated side by side in the lead car of the train running along the monorail. Zach continues looking sullen and bored, brossing his arms. A gleeful Gray grins and elbows him but doesn't get a response. The ever watchful Zara, having removed her shades, is sitting behind them. A Monorail Announcer is heard over the interior speakers.

M.A.: Okay, those of you in the front of the train should be able to see our main gate, built from the gate of the Jurassic Park over twenty years ago.

Excited, Gray leaps up and runs to the front and watches as the train approaches the main entrance to the park. It greatly resembles that of the original Jurassic Park, complete with lit torches, except it reads "JURASSIC WORLD" in large blue letters. The doors creak open, allowing the train to pass through.

 The doors creak open, allowing the train to pass through

Monorail Hub

Gray rushes excitedly through the crowd as they all step onto a escalator.

P.A.: Please obey all park rules. Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times.

Gray gawps at everything he sees. The glum-looking Zach follows a little ways behind, Zara walking beside him, having some difficulty keeping pace with him. She checks her wristwatch.

Zara: Your aunt arranged to meet you at one o'clock. (annoyed) Can he slow down?

Zach: Nope.

Gray has already gotten on the nearby escalator and gestures excitedly to them.

Gray: Come on!

Hotel Room

Zara opens the door and enters a lavish-looking hotel room with the boys entering behind her.

Zara: Your aunt's got you VIP access. So you can get on all the rides without waiting in line.

However Gray is excitedly impatient, futzing with the big screen TV.

Gray: Let's go!

Zach, looking at his iPhone, goes and flops down on the bed.

Zach: Dude, she said we had to wait.

Gray: I don't wanna wait anymore!

He runs and opens the windows, looking out at the park. Beyond the hotel room balcony, we see John Hammond's dream come true as the sun burns bright onto Jurassic World and built beside the fences of the Mosasaur Lagoon stands the Monorail. Standing big and proud, The Innovation Center can be seen from afar along with Main Street below it with massive amounts of tourists walking back and forth to each attractional building and we pass the roof the innovation center, we see a quick shot of the Helipad.

Elevator

Claire Dearing is riding on an elevator, talking to herself. She's memorizing the names of people she's going to be meeting.

Claire: Hal Osterly, vice-president... Jim Drucker, bad hair... Erica Brand, deserves better... Hal, Jim, Erica. Hal, Jim, Erica. And I am Claire.

She looks at her wristwatch. The elevator dings.

Claire: (sighing) Three minutes late.

She sighs. When the elevator doors open, Claire is looking right ahead of her.

Claire: Welcome to Jurassic World!

Hammond Creation Lab

Inside the Hammond Creation Lab, scientists are hard at work as visitors watch them through convex windows. Claire leads a small tour group consisting of three potential investors, Hal Osterly, Jim Drucker and Erica Brand through the laboratory.

Claire: While year-over-year revenue continues to climb, operating costs are higher than ever. Our shareholders have been patient, but let's be honest, no one's impressed by a dinosaur anymore. Twenty years ago, de-extinction was right up there with magic. These days, kids look at a Stegosaurus like an elephant from the city zoo. That doesn't mean asset development has fallen behind. Our DNA excavators discover new species every year.

They enter a part of the lab closed to visitors. DNA double helixes are displayed on computer screens.

Claire: But consumers want them bigger. Louder. More teeth.

The investors listen intently, exchanging looks.

Claire: The good news? Our advances in gene splicing have opened up a whole new frontier. We've learned more from genetics in the past decade than a century of digging up bones.

She leads them over to the computer screens. where one shows a 3d DNA strand.

Claire: So, when you say you want to sponsor an attraction, what do you have in mind?

Osterly: We wanna be thrilled.

Claire: Oh, but don't we all?

She slides her finger across the screen and a DNA double helix reacts. Claire steps forward proudly.

Claire: May I present you... the Indominus Rex. Our first genetically modified hybrid.

Drucker looks dubious.

Drucker: How did you get two different kinds of dinosaurs to...

He struggles with how to put it, and makes awkward "doing it" motions with his hands.

Drucker: Y'know...

He trails off uncertainly. DR. Henry Wu walks over to the group, smiling.

DR. Wu: Oh, Indominus wasn't bred. She was DESIGNED. She will be fifty feet long when fully grown. BIGGER than the T-rex.

Claire: (to the investors) Every time we've unveiled a new asset, attendance has spiked. Global news coverage. Celebrity visitors. Eyes of the world.

Osterly is convinced.

Osterly: When will she be ready?

DR. Wu: (beaming with pride) She already is!