||| 03 |||

Main Street

Crowds of people fill the street leading towards the Innovation Center. Gray is running enthusiastically up the steps of the building with his brother and Zara trailing behind.

Gray: (impatiently) Come on!

Zach: Relax.

Gray: Come on!

Zach: Dude, chill.

Innovation Center

The boys push open the double doors and enter. Zara, trying to keep up, almost doesn't make it through before the doors swing shut. The interior of the building is a flurry of activity. A statue of Joan Hammond stands tall toward the back of the building.

P.A.: Welcome to the Innovation Center, where technology meets prehistory. Join us on an exciting journey 65 million years into the past.

In the center of the lobby, there is a holographic platform, currently displaying a life-size projection of an Apatosaurus which roars, seemingly at the boys. Announcements over the P.A. from both male and female speakers continue as we see the various exhibits the lobby has to offer, including Digging For Dinosaurs, a recreation of a paleontological dig where children use brushes to uncover bones.

Announcer: The triceratops could go horn-to tooth with T.Rex. literally meaning "three-horned face" in greek. Triceratops is half as tall as T-rex...

The children and their parents are watching a documentary about the extinction of the dinosaurs.

Announcer: ...as one-hundred trillion tons of TNT.

In the documentary, an asteroid strike the Earth in an enormous explosion. The children give various exclamations of amazement and fright. Elsewhere, there is a holographic projection of a globe of the Earth, showing where various dinosaurs lived during prehistory.

Announcer: ...can turn its head back to look over its shoulder, to better aim the swing of its dangerous tail.

Gray rushes over to the Mr. DNA Show, where visitors are quizzed about genetics. After a quick scan of the screen he immediately begins pushing buttons and reciting the answers.

Gray: Cytosine, guanine, adenine and thymine. The same four things in everything that ever lived.

In response, a 3-D representation of MR. DNA appears onscreen.

MR. DNA: (for the next visitor) Test your knowledge!

Zach sidles up to him, grumpy.

Zach: Hey, don't wander off, all right? Mom's not paying me for babysitting.

MR. DNA: ...the building blocks of life! When John Hammond discovered a way to bring dinosaurs...

Claire: (behind them) Gray, is that you?

They turn and see Claire descending the stairs on her phone.

Gray: (excited) Aunt Claire!

They run over. She continues down, still talking on her phone, but in a hurry to finish the conversation.

Claire: Okay, yeah. No, I'm gonna have to go. My nephews are here.

As she hangs up and reaches the bottom, Gray runs up and hugs her. She is clearly overjoyed but unsure of how to respond and awkwardly hugs him back. The holographic projection has now changed from an Apatosaurus to a Parasaurolophus next to them. Zach ambles up, still looking moody and emotionally distant as usual, hands stuffed into his pockets.

Claire: Hi! (laughs, then awkwardly to Gray) Oh, oh, my gosh, you're so-- you're so sweet!

She turns and looks at her other nephew as Zara joins them, having finally caught up to the boys.

Claire: (surprised) Whoa, Zach! Last time I saw you, you were like...

She holds a hand at about roughly Gray's height.

Claire: That must've been, what? Three, four years ago?

Zach: (disappointed, but hides) Uh, seven. Seven years. But, you know, close.

Claire: So I see you already got your wristbands and this is for food.

She hands Gray an envelope with the Jurassic World logo on it.

Claire: And Zara here is going to take great care of your until I'm doing working tonight, okay?

Zara glances up from her cell phone, looking uninterested. Gray suddenly looks gloomy at this revelation.

Gray: (disappointed) You're not coming with us?

Claire: Oh, um, I really wish that I could, but tomorrow I can take you into the control room, show you behind the scenes and all of that. That's... that's gonna be cool, right?

Zach rolls his eyes while Gray averts his gaze from his aunt and stares at the door. Claire's phone rings.

Claire: Okay, so I will see you tonight at, uh... (thinks) ...uh, six.

Zara: No, no, don't forget you have the...

Claire: Right, of course. I will see you tonight at eight. What time do you go to sleep? Or, or, do you go to sleep at different times?

The boys don't respond. They're stony-faced. Her phone continues ringing insistently. She checks it.

Claire: Okay, so, um, have fun. (to Zara) And take very good care of them.

Smiling, she walks off through the holographic dinosaur.

Claire: (into the phone) Yeah. No, I'm here.