Chapter 1

After Ian had left, I started to cry, it was inevitable. I couldn't believe that Ian ended our relationship, I knew that I had hurt him as much or more as I felt hurt at the moment.

My cell phone started ringing, I saw the screen and it was my mother. It wasn't a good time to talk to her, I wasn't feeling well but deep down I knew that I had to tell someone and I couldn't be another person more suitable than my mother.

"Hello mom." I said in a barely audible voice.

"Hello, darling! Are you sick? Are you okay? I barely heard your voice." My mother says.

"No mom, I'm not feeling well." I say as my tears begin to slide down my cheeks again. "Ian and I end up mom.

"How?" But why my life? What happened??

"My mother asks in an anguished tone.

"We discussed marriage, Ian asked me to marry him but I still don't feel ready for that stage.

"I say as he stroked the ring of eternity that he had given me not long ago.

I began to tell my mother everything that had happened.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry this is happening but maybe not everything is lost. I know more than anyone how much Ian loves you, how much they both love each other. He is a wonderful man, daughter, I know that Ian would make you happy." Mention mom naturally.

"I know mom and I love him, I love him like I never thought I would love anyone." I answer honestly.

- So, my love? Look, I know that you are still young, that you still have a lot to live and that deep down you are afraid, you think that taking that step will slow down your career and it is not like that, Nina.

"My mother answered and that makes me question a lot of things.

"Think about things, honey, and talk to Ian, I'm sure everything will be solved.

"Thank you mom, I love you. Give my greetings to Alex. I'll call you later - I'll say and then hang up.

The next day I woke up and found Moke in bed.

"Hello, little one!" I greet him, caressing his little head and he closes his eyes.

Ian comes to my mind. I quickly take my phone to check if there is any message or call from him but nothing. I go on Twitter and find hundreds of mentions, some from well-known media and others from fans. I open one where there is a photo of us and as a title I read

"Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev separated"

I can't believe the information has leaked so quickly. I immediately go to Ian's account and the first thing my eyes read hurts me.

"A thought of the day:

People change and forget to tell us. -Lillian Hellman, playwright (1905-19084)

I quickly started reading some fan messages.

"I'm seriously heartbroken by the fact that Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder broke up."

"Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder have ruined my life and for once, not on the right track."

"And apparently Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder separated, I'm very upset about this."

I left Twitter I couldn't read anything else, if many of the fans felt devastated I think that when they saw me they would realize what it really was to be devastated.

Deep down I knew that they loved us and were also suffering with such news. The media have always kept our sights on us and surely after the trip I made together with Jules and Riawna Miami they have drawn their conclusions of a possible separation but Ian's Tweet was the last straw that ended up spilling the glass and giving them more to talk about.

-IAN-

Since I left the house, I couldn't stop thinking about her. I was hurt by your answer, what I wanted most in this life was to find a woman who loved me as I am, a noble, supportive, beautiful and understanding woman and in Nina I had found all those characteristics.

But apparently she wasn't ready yet. I understood that I was young, that was the first thing I questioned when I met her and fell in love with her like crazy. I even got away from her because I couldn't be surprised to know that she is almost eleven years younger than me but age but age is not important, at least that's what they say.

When I arrived in London I met with the producer of the movie that I was going to start recording, I stayed in a hotel and when I started unpacking, I took my phone, turned it on and curiously there were no calls or messages from Nina. Which made me feel worse, apparently Nina hadn't cared about our separation.

I opened my Twitter account and started typing.

"People change and forget to tell us."

That had been the phrase known to Hellman that came to my mind.

I left my phone charging and took a long shower, when I went out I heard a beep; I approached and picked up my phone. It was Julie, I was about not taking the call but in the end I did it.

"Good morning Julie." I said when answering because of the time difference in Atlanta it had just dawned.

"Good afternoon Somerhalder." Julie replied in a serious tone.

"If you were my son, I would have already given you a strong pull of ears.

Julie mentions disgusted. When I heard that, I assumed that I was already aware of what had happened. I ran a hand over my face preparing for one of his reprimands.

As if I didn't have enough with everything that's going on, I told myself.

"Nina already told you what happened." Conteste and on the other side I only heard a sigh. "Julie I assure you that this is not going to damage the series." I said unconvinced because I didn't really know what was going to happen from now on.

"Are you sure?" He asks me. "Look, Ian, I'm not the one to meddle in what's going on with your private life, that doesn't mean that I don't care or don't worry about Nina and you. Because they are two people whom I love and admire a lot and with whom I work but I have to look at the series.

"I know Julie and as I told you, I don't think this is going through to ruin the show.

"Then I don't know what the hell was going through your mind when you published that Tweet." She's annoyed. "The media has already begun to release hundreds of articles with many versions. Talk to Nina and she's wrong, I trust that next time you'll think about what you're going to do, Ian. I hope everything goes well with your movie, see you in New York.

"I'm sorry, Julie." I finally say and she hangs up.

After listening to Julie tell me all that, reflect on what I had done and delete the Tweet from my account. I was being selfish thinking only of myself, without thinking about how Nina should feel.