Chapter 23

Los Angeles, CA. May 2015

POV NINA

I was about to give an interview with María Menounos. After everything that had happened, from my departure from the series, I was sure that I would ask myself about Ian and I didn't know very well that I was going to answer if so. It still hurt me too much to know that she had married Nicole a few weeks ago and now I was pregnant, I was expecting a baby fruit of the love that we once had.

He had followed his way next to another woman, one who had said yes, one who had not rejected him like me. With her she would form her own family, she would have more children. I had been thinking for several days about telling him the truth. But how did he get there and say, "Ian, I'm expecting a child of yours"? Surely I wouldn't have believed me and I would think I had gotten pregnant because it wasn't like that. Now I was in this interview and I had to answer correctly, I just hoped he wouldn't ask me about him.

"Of course your fans have shouted in the sky, there are so many reports that... you know speculations that you left due to Ian's marriage, what do you have to say about it?

"Maria was very curious, I knew her and I knew she would end up asking me something like that. I couldn't do anything but let out a heavy sigh and try to laugh at what I was wondering but it was difficult for me so I took courage and responded.

"I mean, look..." She interrupted me.

"Because you two handled it so professionally, I have to say that you handled it so well, because you have to continue working with that person after breaking up.

"Yes." I said nodding as I felt my breathing so heavy.

"Most people can break up and take different paths, you had to keep working together," she said.

"Yes, but I think... and I've said it before... we didn't break up because something happened to me, or because there was no love or friendship." I mentioned because it was the absolute truth, when Ian and I finished there was still a lot of love. Love that there was still on my part even though because of his he would have already surpassed me, and it was because otherwise he would not have married. "I love him, and I... the friendship is still strong and I think he is great and I am fond of him, and that hasn't changed. And yes, we are professionals. And it's okay, we were friends long before we started dating and we're still so now. When I heard about the wedding, I apologize for the wedding. I thought it was beautiful and they look happy and I'm happy. So I don't see why there should be a problem with that. Drama is in the media, not in us.

I wanted to make some things clear, but I knew perfectly well that I was deceiving myself about friendship. Things with Ian had never been the same again. At least not after he started his relationship with Nicole.

Atlanta, GA. January 2017

Recording Set.

POV IAN

He had finally released the truth to Nina, which apparently left her speechless.

"I swear I'm telling you the truth, I wouldn't even dare to play with something like that." I said, getting a little closer to her.

"I believe you." He finally said with a thread of voice. "I really believe you, I'm sorry I didn't listen to you before.

"I feel so guilty, at first I didn't think she was pregnant but after what happened that night." I said remembering what had happened months ago.

Flashback

4 Months Ago

"Why are you doing this to me, Ian?" Nikki said furiously completely out of her mind after finding me making love to Nina.