Chapter 15

Atlanta, GA. October 2013

Pov Ian

When I got home after recording I was surprised not to see my dog, which was strange since every time she came in she was happy to see me and shook her tail. I called her repeatedly and nothing so I decided to look for her and found her lying in her place.

When I approached, I watched as his stomach moved in a hurry, he was about to give birth to his puppies.

I quickly took my cell phone and sent a message to Nina. Although we were no longer together, he knew how much he loves Nietzsche and was sure that for nothing in the world he would miss this moment.

Looch, the long-awaited moment has come, Nietzsche is about to bring his puppies into the world.

11:30

A few minutes later, Nina's message had arrived.

I'm on my way to your Smouldy house, I'm not going to miss that moment for anything in the world.

11:34

When Nina arrived, together we witnessed Nietzsche's part. We started taking pictures to let our fans know what was happening.

Nina took me hugging my dog. Which I later posted on Instagram.

"Live from the delivery box in Atlanta! Gasps, pushes, contractions - Wow. I have no doubt, the girls rule."

As the birth progressed, we were making our fans aware that, knowing the situation, they did not stop sending their good vibes and best wishes.

"Our little Nietzsche is about to release her love for the world, please, the world sends super-positive energy to this brave and frightened little girl."

When I checked Instagram, I saw Nina's post.

The photo I had posted was beautiful, my little Nietzsche and her puppies.

"It's good to know that even if we're no longer in a relationship, we can share these moments." I said looking at Nina while she watched the puppies happily.

"I know how important Nietzsche is to you. I will never forget the day you rescued her near the recording set." She replied with a big smile as she touched my arm.

"It is and I want to thank you for being here, it's already late and you should be resting." I commented by looking at the time on my cell phone.

"You don't have to thank me for anything, I did it because you know how special she is to me. Although you're right, it's already late and I have to rest, so I'd better leave.

"Let me accompany you, I can't let you go alone." I quickly mentioned standing up and offering him my hand to get up since we had been sitting watching the puppies.

"Thank you Ian but it's not necessary, my house is close and it's better for you to stay with the little ones." He said with a beautiful smile that made my heart swell with love.

"Okay, see you tomorrow." I accompanied her to the door and said goodbye to her with a kiss on the cheek.

Atlanta, GA. September 2016

I was looking at Joseph who had fallen asleep peacefully in my arms when Nicole appeared.

"Nina is unbearable." She mentioned in an annoying tone as she sat in a chair next to me.

"I guess you've already found out." I said, taking off the little one's eyes to see her.

"Yes, Kat just made me aware and just now that I came to see you I met Nina. I confronted her and I had to show her that this child is yours.

"You shouldn't have done it, Nicole!" He says extremely annoyed. "I'm going to ask you to stay away from this whole situation.

"But my love, how do you ask me for that, no way. I'm your wife and I care about everything that's going on.

"I know and I appreciate it, but what I least want is for a bigger problem to arise from all this. I will talk about things with Nina and take care of my son." I looked at Joseph with affection.

"I think you should first make sure before agreeing to take responsibility for her paternity." She said with uncertainty in her voice.

"I have no doubt that Joseph is my son. He looks like me." I said convinced as he remembered how the little one a moment ago laughed after tickling my mouth in his belly.

"Well, honey, you can't deny that Nina has had several relationships after you, Derek, Austin and others with whom she got related. It's enough to tell you that they are all his type, light eyes, blond, attractive and bearing. Joseph may very well be the son of any of them.

Nikki was right about that, I myself had asked myself that question when I found out but it was also true that there was a minimum probability that the little boy I was holding in my arms being mine. I had no choice but to get out of doubt and if I had to go to other extremes I would do it.

Pov Nina

After having had that conversation with Nicole I joined the other boys, at that time they were recording Kat and Malarkey so I approached Candice who apparently was reviewing her lines.

"Hey!" I said sitting next to her, to which she put the booklet aside and paid attention to me.

"Nina, how did it go with Ian?" He asked as he looked at me.

"I guess well, he was alone with Joseph for a while." I commented half smiling.

- Something happened, right? What did he tell you?

"It actually happened to Nicole, I found her in the hallways. He already found out and let me know what he thinks.

"Surely he found out from Kat, if he spends his time defending her every time he can." Candice replied annoyed.

"I don't care what Nicole thinks, as I told her, this matter is something that only concerns Ian and me. No one else has to get involved." I said firmly.

"I agree with you. How long do you plan to stay? Do you already have a place to stay?

"I'll be there for just a few days, I need to talk to Kevin and Julie. We'll stay at Lane's house." I replied with a smile watching them film.

"Surely they will talk about the end, you should think about it, Nina. The series can't end without you." Candice murmured with some sadness.

"I'm going to think about it.

At that moment Ian appeared with Joseph asleep on his lap and with Nicole hugging his arm.

"I need to talk to you a few words," he said, looking at me seriously.

"Let me carry it Ian, no one better than Aunt Candice to take care of you while your parents talk small." He gave it to him and we moved away a little.

"I've been thinking about things and I think the most convenient thing would be to do a DNA test with Joseph.

- What!? Are you talking to me seriously?" I asked him as I felt my heart break.

"Look Nina, I'm aware that we had a story but I also know that I haven't been the only man in your life and I need..." I didn't even let him finish since I had slapped him so hard that it made Candice and Nicole turn to see us.

"Do you think I can play with something like that?" I sighed hurt. "I don't know you, Ian, you know what?" It was a mistake to come here. It seems that my words were not enough for you, however despite that I will accept your request. "I said with sadness, containing the inevitable desire to cry.

"Please don't take it like that. I just need to be sure." He mused with some regret in his eyes.

"Well, tomorrow we can go to the hospital you decide and do the necessary tests." I said finally taking my son in Candice's arms and then leaving the set.

Nicole's words were nothing compared to Ian's doubt. It hurt me deep down to be that I didn't believe in me.