Chapter 9

Nina narrates-

I was in my room after taking a long nap. I took my phone to see if I had news from Ian but the answer was always the same "Nothing" or a message, not a call, there was nothing. And not having heard from him just got me in a very bad mood.

The next thing I did was put his name on Google and finally his name and mine appeared everywhere. I sighed with displeasure and checked the latest news. I saw a lot of pictures of the set. Ian looked relaxed and flirtatious, I couldn't help it and I was filled with resentment when I saw him so happy.

I couldn't believe I was having such a good time and I didn't even have time to write me a message. I felt completely destroyed.

Suddenly I got a call and when I saw that it was my mother, I answered it.

- "Mom! Sorry for not calling you. I've been very busy." I answered once I got off knowing what was coming to me.

"I imagine so, daughter." She replied very angry.

There was a huge silence that the only sound that was heard through the line was that of our breaths. I decided to cut off the uncomfortable silence and apologize to my mother.

"Mama Looch, look..." It was the only thing I could say before she interrupted me.

"That's enough, Nikolina!" My mother replied to the sum of apologies I tried to tell her.

"You don't call because you don't feel like doing it. You have plenty of time, in case you forgot, I remind you that you are on vacation, however instead of spending a few days with your mother as you always do. You have gone to take refuge in your friends. Have they been able to solve their problems? Please, daughter. What makes you believe that they will help you solve yours? You have been involved in that world, they are all fake smiles, hiding your true feelings, turning you into a cold doll without feelings. You've lost the north, Nina, and that makes me very disappointed." My mother said furiously.

"Mom, you don't have to be that hard. Besides, things are not the way you're painting them." I said trying to explain it to him.

"Nina, are you telling me that I don't know you?" You are my daughter, I had you nine months in my womb, I gave birth to you and I have raised you all these years and you are telling me that things are not like I am painting them... I didn't raise you for this. Look, if you wanted to evade Ian, that's fine, I understand it but you can't have a minute of your time on your busy schedule to talk to your mother, that has no argument or justification." My mother said.

I know my mother and I knew that not having communicated with her would bring problems and that it would give me a good scolding but what I was riding already exceeded the standards and I knew that it was not only because I had not communicated with her. Behind this was Ian.

"Now I understand everything, Michaela. This drama that you are setting me up is not because I have not communicated with you. No, all this problem is because Mr. Somerhalder has probably already called you and has made you indisposed with me. Mom, I remind you that your daughter is me, not Ian. You should worry about me, how I feel and not about him; but with you everything is like that. What do you want, that I lock myself up in tears while he has a great time in London. Recording his stupid movie, I'm sorry but I'm not going to do it... I don't want anyone to hurt, including yours. It was a pleasure to hear from you, Mama Looch, but with your comments you helped me not want to continue doing it.

I finally said ending the call while tears rolled down my cheeks. I couldn't believe my mother talked to me like that. His words hurt me a lot and I knew that it would take a prudent time to heal. I was lying in bed for a while longer, taking out all the bitter tears that the conversation with my mother had caused me.