Chapter 24

Atlanta GA. January 2017

Recording Set.

POV IAN

We repeated the shot five times and in all the kiss it was the same. As I longed for those days of connection to come back, laughter, looks back, that our love was felt in the air, that love that spread so much to others and of which we were envious of anyone.

Unfortunately, I felt that the flame had gone out. Now that Nina had revealed to me that she is dating Glen, I was not sure if I had already completely forgotten. But it was his right, even though I was a married man. What could I offer him? No matter how much love I could profess to her, I knew that Nina wanted facts and not just words. And that was what I was willing to do to get it back.

"Nina, can we talk for a moment?" I asked on the threshold of her Dressing Room once we had finished recording.

"Of course, Ian. Come on." He said tense, letting out a heavy sigh as he looked at me.

"I know you're going back to LA tomorrow.

"I have a son waiting for me." He said seriously.

"Yes, and also a boyfriend." I mentioned sadly.

"Glen is not my boyfriend but maybe there could be something nice between us." He said softening his gesture.

"So you don't feel anything for me anymore?"

"Ian, right now I have very confused feelings. We have both been very hurt and I think the best thing at the moment is to keep our distance.

"But you know that's impossible, we have a son.

"You can see Joseph as many times as you want, it's your son and I'm not going to stop you from seeing him but with me things will be completely different.

"I'm going to talk to Nicole and I promise you that I'm going to divorce her as soon as possible." I said desperately when I felt that I was losing her once again.

"It's just that you don't promise me anything anymore, Ian." She said bored. "I can't believe your promises anymore. Yes, you really still love me, it starts with you Ian, by changing you because to be honest you are no longer the same man I fell in love with.

"I'm going to do it, you'll see, and once I'm free, the first thing I'll do is go to LA and knock on your door." I said smiling just imagining the day that moment would come.

"Time will tell and we will know if our love is still in time for a new opportunity." Nina said in a soft voice.

"Nina." I took her hands cautiously and then took them to my lips and planted a kiss on both of them. "I'm going to do the impossible for myself, for you, for our son and for the family I want to have by my side." I murmured, fixing my eyes on their beautiful chocolate orbs.

"Well, you already have my phones for anything related to our son." He said, returning to his serious tone and removing his hands from mine.

"Yes, you already have my phone, please let me know if you need anything. If you say a new word, if your first baby teeth come out, whatever, please. I'll go see them as soon as I'm done here." I said with longing.

"That's how it will be, don't worry. I will let you know everything about Joseph.

"Well, I guess then it's time to say goodbye." Nina nodded a little shyly when she took her off guard with a soft kiss on her cheek. "See you soon Neens.

I left his dressing room with a new hope in my heart. I was willing to do anything to be with the people I really loved. My son and the woman of my life.