Chapter 14

Atlanta, GA. September 2016

Pov Ian

I searched my friend's browser for information about Nina. There were too many links but I clicked on the one where the video appeared.

There he was in front of the microphones. At first she seemed a little nervous but when they started talking they vanished.

"I have summoned all of you to give my statement regarding what happened. A couple of days ago, People magazine showed in its recent edition an article addressed to me as well as photos of my little son.

"Then it's true. He is accepting that he has a son and that during all this time he has kept him hidden as well as hiding his pregnancy." One of the journalists mentioned from his place.

"Yes, it's true. But I didn't do it because my pregnancy embarrassed me. Just as I'm not ashamed of my son now either, on the contrary he makes me proud.

Listening to Nina say those words made me feel so happy. I didn't hesitate for a second that I was an excellent mother for something I always longed for her to be the mother of my children but now she was already having her own.

"What was the reason that led her to keep her motherhood a secret?" The voice of a woman was heard asking.

"As you already know, I'm not a big fan of the constant harassment of the press. I knew perfectly well that when someone found out about my condition, my ordeal would begin and I was not willing to go through something like that, much less in that condition.

The journalists were attacking with too many questions. It barely seemed possible to see Nina so brave in front of the whole press, her words were true. A few years ago I was like a vulnerable animal in terms of media, I always remember that phrase he once said. 'When it comes to being strong before the harassing press, only one person comes to mind and that's you'

Nina always thought that I was strong since she had been able to cope with the issue of our relationship with the media. And at that time I was right but now seeing her so strong in front of something that was always vulnerable filled me with admiration and pride.

"Nina, now in the face of your son's recent news, could you tell us who the father is?" commented a middle-aged journalist.

"Is it about an actor, a singer or a friend?" A younger reporter asked now.

"For now, I'm not going to answer that question." He answered firmly. "That's something that the time comes you'll know. I just have to thank you for being there. This was all I had to say. Thank you." He said with a smile on his face.

These were his last words before retiring.

The question was in the air. Who was your son's father? His last partner had been Austin but if that were the case he would have mentioned it, he would be next to her showing his face. Would it be Derek's? Could it be possible?

"Love, Julie told me you were here." Nicole's voice took me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, yes." I mused without knowing what to say.

"What were you doing?" He asked, approaching me. I quickly closed my laptop and paid attention to it.

"Nothing, well, you know, seeing some things about the foundation. "What are you doing here?" I questioned and she looked at me seriously.

"Have you noticed what time it is?" He asked me and I looked at my watch, it was more than four in the afternoon.

"I came for you so we could go eat." He said smiling as he sat on my legs.