chap 9: Revenant

Somehow, she was no longer in the casket. She stood in high grass. Above her were several layers of beautiful canopies of leaves from tall rainforest trees surrounding her, and fresh raindrops and warm light danced around her. The surrounding jungles made it impossible to attempt to identify the planet, and the size of the flora and fauna was unfamiliar to her. Everything was extremely large, and colourful, and beautiful. She saw glowing flowers she had never seen before, and insects larger than herself.

It was a beautiful sight. She found herself almost enjoying what she saw.

"What is this" she whispered. She held up her palms. The rain drops were supposed to land on her skin, but they fell right through her. The sunlight that fell on her skin in patterns through the leaves was supposed to warm her, but she didn't feel a thing.

This is my birthplace. It's beautiful, isn't it? It no longer exists. The planet has long been forgotten.

Reality set in. She snapped out of it. He was trying to distract her from what was happening. The ancient Sith Lord was still feeding on her, and she could feel the pain again as she started destroying his vision. It was a numbing, sharp pain. The pain burned like fire in every limb of her body, and she couldn't move any more. He had drawn too much blood already. Her physical form would expire soon. She had to act.

Xia decided to play his little game. If he wanted to play, they would play. 

"You are a man of honour, are you not? Please... Grant me this last wish" she croaked with a fading voice. "Let me show you something, too..."

Yes, little one. I can honour a last wish. It will be over soon. Relish in your memory, if you wish.

He was so sure he was going to succeed. He seemed to think she would genuinely just die between his jaws, like a lamb to the lion.

His arrogance almost made her smirk, but her facial muscles were devoid of blood. They didn't move any more.

He had spoken about being able to sense her power, but regardless, he had made a mistake. He had underestimated her. She couldn't deny that she, too, had underestimated the challenge, but by having been granted this final wish, she could be able to turn the tables. 

She created a vision as well. 

It was hard to remember her homeplanet, but she put in as many details as she remembered. She had been so young back then, and yet, the vision she was creating felt so real that it made her heart sink like a rock upon experiencing the surroundings.

It had been so long since she had last been there, and she was weary. She didn't have much time left before she would die, so she invested everything she had into the vision.

She put both of them on Dathomir. Everything was bathed in the familiar murky, red light, from the red sun that hardly ever seemed to be able to blink through the thick waves of mist. Around them were the sounds of strange animals lingering in the swamps, animals she no longer remembered, but it didn't matter, she made them up. The dark trees growing out of the shallow waters arched over them, their branches ending in jagged, long fingers, looming above them. 

She didn't know what the spirit's physical form looked like, so she pictured the Sith spirit as a faded shadow with red eyes, because his sarcophagus also had red eyes. She didn't make him as tall as his shriveled corpse was, just to spite him.