Chapter 2: Sourpuss

Worse than no specific instructions, was having to follow the lead of someone as unorganized as Xia's companion.

Xia compared the coordinates of the paper to her coordination device, and she didn't like finding out they were nearly there.

The heat was damp and scorching, the sun's warmth charging up in her long, jet-black hair. She was vastly annoyed by her circumstances.

She also didn't like Ryloth one bit, the heat and humid air, nor did she fancy the weird architecture made out of sandstone. The target building must be straight ahead- but that couldn't be. There were just more and more of these cave-like sand blocks built into the huge rock towering above the city. Considering the size of the city, not that many people were about. Just a few Twi'leks here and there.

Xia saw some children playing in the street, and they froze when they saw the two, and ran off. Some Twi'leks were hanging laundry outside, giving them weird looks. It wasn't good to be seen by people.

"Tecla" she said agitated. "Where-exactly- are we going."

Tecla glanced over to her. "See that large place over there? Our contact will meet us inside the building on the right."

Ahead was a big staircase that led to three different buildings built next to each other. They were long like cylinders, but thinner in the middle.

Xia gritted her teeth. "I think I am going to go insane if you don't inform me on the details soon. We are supposed to be nearly there, and I am absolutely not prepared for anything, because my partner won't share the details of her plan with me. You know what? I think you don't even have a plan. Do you have a plan?"

"Xia, do you know what you are?"

"What?" Xia asked.

"A sourpuss. Now stop complaining. I'll get to it." Tecla responded.

Xia raised an eyebrow at her, but didn't respond. People didn't talk to her like that. But then again, people didn't talk all that much with her anyways.

It didn't bother her, and she didn't truly know why people avoided her- but she did have a general idea of why. There was something off about her, always had been. Whether that was because she had been the sole survivor of her clan's eradication, or whether it was her personality, or her slightly shady looks. She found her own, bright red eyes rather beautiful- but they did have a strange fateful gleam to them, which might be considered off-putting. Her eyes were only enhanced by her jagged, smoke-grey facial markings which covered her eyes and continued on each side of her face as a long jag down her cheekbone. Another one of those markings covered her lips and continued down her chin like an upside-down trident. She liked the markings, and found they contrasted well with her silvery pale Dathomirian skin.

"Over there, that is an outpost building of the finance committee of the galactic senate." Tecla finally explained, then glanced at Xia's clothing, but didn't say anything.

She had ditched her long black robes for a tight black top with armor at the shoulders, a dark grey wrap skirt that split in two and was short in the front, and black boots that went above the knees. She had kept her long gloves and her cape, the latter to conceal her lightsaber that hung at the back of her belt. Practical clothing, but perhaps revealing. Tecla looked away again.

"What" Xia said with a hint of annoyance.

"Nothing" Tecla responded in confusion.

"You think I'm dressed improperly."

-"I didn't say anything!"

They were silent for a few seconds. Then, Tecla snickered. Xia couldn't suppress a grin either. But the jokes would have to wait until later.