chapter 11- Vengeance

The Twi'lek lady had immediately scrambled as far away from Xia as possible in the small escape pod, hunched in a corner, her wide purple eyes looking around like a wild animal.
"Wh- What just happened? What was that creature? I don't know how I got here.. I- I awoke, and there was this.. This Monster.."

Xia, was occupied with staring out of the window, watching her former home getting blasted to shreds. It was gone now. Everything she had held on to up until now, was destroyed. She should feel free, or sad, yet all she felt was numbness. She forced herself out of her thoughts and responded.

"You killed that thing? Impressive. As have I, before, but unfortunately, he didn't stay dead." Then Xia wondered how she should answer the Twi'lek's other questions without giving away too much information. Her pirates would hopefully pick up the escape pod soon. "I hear you're a Renegade. It appears we have something in common, then."

"I saw this repulsive colour of your lightsaber" the Twi'lek hissed, clutching her knees to her chest with her shaking hands. "And I have heard of you. You are that assassin. I have nothing in common with murderers like you!"

Xia shrugged. "You know, I could have just left you in there. But I saved you. I thought you'd be thankful."

-"Oh, great. Out of all your war crimes, at least Murder of Innocents isn't on the list! You're truly despicable."

"That's most definitely on the list. But there was a bounty on your head, so you aren't quite innocent, are you."

The Twi'lek gave her an offended look for a second or two, then her gaze lowered. "Well... I guess I'm not."

Xia looked out into the cold void of Space again, to the place where the space station had been, where there was now only scattered debris. She thought about how old Odian had looked when she had last seen him. What a strange sight it had been. She felt strange upon thinking about it, so she forced the thoughts away.

She could see a ship approaching. The Crows had finally located them and were coming for the Escape pod.

The Twi'lek saw it as well, because she started looking a little more defeated than before, and said: "So, this is it then? You're going to turn me in?"

Xia was still fixated on the debris, deep in thought. She discovered that her fingers were once again scratching at her old scar on her temple. She didn't respond.
The pod docked on the ship, and her pirates opened the chamber.
"Good work with the explosion, boys. Take her captive" ordered Xia harshly, striding past them into the large ship.

She felt the Twi'lek's betrayed glance piercing on her from behind. "How could you!" the Twi'lek yelled after her.

"You said it yourself" Xia turned around, opening her hands in a gesture, "I'm despicable."

You saved a Jedi's life. Again!

You've become soft-hearted.

"I haven't! I'm turning her in. I'm just doing this for the ransom." she scowled into the empty room. Xia had her hands pressed to her forehead as she bent over the table in deep thought, trying to remember the name of her former target and current captive. She had read it. She knew she had! But she couldn't remember. What was the Twi'leks name?
She gritted her teeth, staring down at the scattered papers on the table, the words on the paper swimming through her sight without registering.
She remembered the amount of credits that the bounty had described. It had been enough to get her eyes to glaze over.
Not that she needed the money at the moment. The Crows were a rather successful band of pirates.

You read it back then.

Remember?

You didn't read it.