45. Killer .45

Day 31 - Friday

It had been three days since you arrived in the city.

You were staying in a small, two-story hotel that was smack dab in the middle of everything.

You had bought plane tickets that would take you halfway across the world with the use of a computer in the lounge room.

Your flight was scheduled for Wednesday,

About four days away.

...Four days.

You just had to keep yourself away from Andy and... whoever else was helping her for four days.

___

Four days until the flight.

You were laid out on the couch, being a vegetable.

Your stomach still hurt, but you were pretty sure it would heal up well (it would probably scar, but in your opinion, a random blob carving was much better than Andy's name).

Luckily, you had finally managed to find proper medical treatment (read: a nice woman who just happened to know some basic first aid).

You had originally intended to get as much rest as possible for the next few days, in hopes that your stomach would continue to heal.

...and of course, you had thought it would be safer to stay in your hotel room.

Now, however, you were beginning to change your mind.

"And just last night, we received a report of a woman being found dead in her hotel room at around four-fifty-three A.M, witnesses report that..."

You had turned on the news out of boredom,

Of course, they just happened to have been covering a murder when you did.

And in a hotel room, no less.

Suddenly, you froze, ears tuning back in.

"After a body examination, the victim has been identified as the thirty-two-year-old Adeline L/n, who was classified as a missing person around two weeks ago when her teenage daughter, Tessa L/n, was found murdered in her room."

Your blood ran cold.

"On top of this, Adeline's other daughter, Y/n L/n, has been missing for the past week. Adeline's ex-husband and the believed father of both Tessa and Y/n, Andre Carter, is entirely untouched and those in this case believe that the family is another victim of the serial killer that the public has named 'Lone Survivor'. When new information is revealed, there will be more on this matter. Now, for the weather. Back to you, John!"

"Thank you, Lisa. Today, in our area we can exp--"

The TV shut off.

Your finger was pressed firmly to the button.

So Callix had been right then. Your mother really was dead.

And... Lone Survivor had killed her.

... and Tessa.

___

'Lone Survivor' POV

___

'Lone Survivor',

What a funny name for a serial killer.