Girl Power

Beca Mitchell lived and breathed soccer.

The way she felt on the pitch was incomparable to anything else in her life.

She felt free and completely alive with the ball at her feet.

Beca's life off the pitch was harder to cope with.

Her parents had been through a nasty divorce 2 year prior.

Beca and her twin brother, Brock, had been used as weapons for their parents to hurt each other.

The twins coped in different ways.

Beca let all her frustrations out with soccer.
Brock did the same in less productive ways.

Brock had recently been kicked out of their high school, Cornwall, for his constant absence.

Therefore, their mother had decided to send him to the rival school, Illyria.

Beca felt like she would probably deal with the divorce like her brother if she didn't have soccer.

Unfortunately, she was soon faced with that exact dilemma.

At soccer practice, Beca and her teammates had been informed that the school lost funding for the girls' soccer team.

Beca and the girls had shrugged it off.
They simply stated that they would try out for the boys' team.

However, their coach quickly shot that down.

"Girls can't play with boys. You'll get hurt."
"Boys are faster and stronger than girls. It's simple genetics."

Infuriated by his sexism, Beca stormed home accompanied by her two best friends, Stacie and Emily.

"This is such bullshit," Beca grunted as she plopped down onto her bed.

Stacie sighed as she sat on the edge of the bed beside Emily.

"I fucking know," she stated.

Emily shook her head, "We have a better record than they do. Why wouldn't they want our help?"

"Exactly! Jesus Christ! What the fuck are we supposed to do," Beca growled.

She couldn't live without soccer. That wasn't acceptable.

"What are you three moaning and groaning about," Brock asked leaning against the doorframe.

Stacie perked up, "I'd be happy to moan and groan about you, Brockie."

Beca rolled her eyes, "Cornwall got rid of girls soccer and won't let us play with the boys."

Brock shook his head, "Damn. That's some bullshit, sorry. Hey...I need a big favor."

Beca glared, "Now is so not the time, dude."

"I know, but it's time sensitive."

"Fine. What."

"My band got a gig in...London. I need you to call Illyria pretending to be mom and unenroll me or something."

Emily smiled, "Oh my god! London??"

Brock smiled, "Hell yes! Time to make it big. So can you help me out, Becs?"

"Yeah. Whatever. Am I supposed to call Monique for you too," Beca scoffed.

Brock rolled his eyes, "Nah. I broke up with her. Thanks, Bec, you're the best. I'll call and keep you updated."

Stacie pouted, "He's finally rid of that bitch and off the London...boooo."

Beca rolled her eyes, "It fucking weird that you're attracted to him. He looks just like me, dude."

Stacie playfully inched closer to Beca, "Who said I wasn't attracted to you too, Becs?"

That lit up a lightbulb in Beca's head.

"HOLY SHIT!"

Stacie and Emily stared intently at their friend.

"I'll be Brock!"

Emily awkwardly laughed, "Wait...what?"

"I'll dress like my brother, go to Illyria, make the boys' soccer team and kick the shit out of Cornwall!"

Stacie clapped, "That's perfect, Becs!"

Emily worriedly asked, "But you don't know how to act like a boy, Beca. Will anyone even believe it?"

Beca waved her off.

"I'll practice. Just gotta adjust my voice and walk. It'll totally work."

So the three girls began plotting.

*****

Stacie had found the perfect wig for Beca though she had begged her just to cut it.

Which Beca was quickly shut down.

Emily added sideburns and strips to make Beca's eyebrows bushier.

The only aspect that Beca had complained about was wrapping her chest.

"This shit fucking hurt," Beca groaned as Stacie wrapped the cloth around and around.

Stacie rolled her eyes, "It's an essential piece of the disguise."

Emily nodded, "Totes. You can't have boobs."

Beca huffed as the cloth grew tighter, but she couldn't argue about its necessity.

With all her dude garb on, Beca twirled around for her best friends.

They both excitedly clapped.

Emily squealed, "You definitely look like a guy, Becs!"

Stacie arched an eyebrow, "Let's hear the voice."

Beca cleared her throat as she lowered her voice.

"What's up? I'm Brock," she grunted out.

Stacie smiled, "That'll do."

Beca smiled at her friends' approval.

The three girls made successfully made Beca into a boy.
But the real test would come when she arrived at Illyria.
Could Beca really become Brock?