Chapter 41

NICHOLAS

"What the fuck are you even saying? She's your Capo's wife!"

"She deserves what she got. She's leading Niko around by his dick, and he doesn't even realize it!"

"I stand by what I said. She is our Capo's wife."

"If something isn't done about their union, it's going to be a problem for our family. You can't blame Eduardo for acting the way he did. She humiliated him in public."

"And you're skipping the fact that he sexually assaulted her by grabbing her inappropriately."

"Those are the consequences of her actions, and she's bringing this family down with her idiocy. Niko shot Eduardo because of a woman. If it's pussy he wants, he can get it anywhere else. She isn't the last woman on earth."

I leaned back in my seat, watching the back and forth between Rocco, Matteo's father, and Luigi, Maria's husband.

The latter was justifying Eduardo's actions, putting all the blame on Giselle, while Rocco was trying to make him see reasons. That was just a waste of time for me. I was a bullet away from having his blood soaking his carpet - yes, the meeting was at his house.

"Luigi," I said, and all eyes automatically turned on me. "You have a daughter, yes?"

"She has nothing to do with this," he snapped. "Don't bring her into this conversation. We're addressing Giselle's shenanigans."

I leaned forward with my forearms on the table, chuckling to myself. How hypocritical! I found your other half, Father.

He scowled. "She's bratty, careless, and apparently, she now holds the balls in your marriage!"

Deafening silence filled the room as everyone stared at Luigi with wide eyes. He'd crossed a line no one had dared to in the past after what I did to my father, and they all knew it came with consequences. Unluckily for Luigi, I was in the mood to dish out those consequences.

"Lock the door, Matteo. I don't want Maria coming in here when she hears her dearest husband's screams."

Matteo ambled over to the door, locking it just as I'd instructed.

"Luigi just proved to me I need to remind you all about one simple fact - who runs this family? He has some interesting opinions about my marriage. I'm sure you all do, but unfortunately for him, he was the one who voiced out his thoughts."

I got up from my seat, sauntering over to a cocky-looking Luigi. Figlio di puttana. It was hard to not get angry by just staring at his face.

"Adriano, hand me a knife."

I knew about his son's weird fascination with knives, so I knew he was armed to the teeth with them. Shockingly, Adriano didn't hesitate to hand me one of his knives.

He placed the cool metal on my palm. "Ecco a te, Capo."

Luigi's eyes filled with hatred and anger for me, but he still maintained the cocky smirk. How fucking good it'd feel to wipe that fucking smirk off.

"Hands on the table, Uncle," I drawled, mocking him. He didn't want to follow my orders, but he knew that meant even more doom for him, so he obliged, albeit reluctantly.

I knew how much he wanted to be Capo. He was the next in line after my father. My sudden arrival usurped all of his plans. From what I learned after my father's death, they all thought I was dead because Father never talked about me.

Hell, he'd probably been concocting a plan to end my father's life long before I did the job on his behalf. He had gone above and beyond to make sure the Families executed me because I killed my father. That would have given him the chance to fulfill his lifelong dream, but it didn't work, and he had been bitter ever since.