02 - The 1st Time We Get Along

Being in the mall with the idiot is just like hell. Totally. A lot of girls are following him and giggling in way that it's getting annoying. Their giggles are more annoying than the sound of my alarm. But the idiot the most annoying piece of klunk ever.

"Hey idiot, do you mind if I'll go to the book store? Eh just stay here and, flirt with those cranky shanks, I'm sure you won't get bored with that. Okay bye!" I immediately run to the book store without hearing his response, eh do I even care? Obviously no.

I walk in the store, and spot some of my and Thomas's high school classmates. A lot of them has changed. One who was a nerd, looks like a model right now. Dang girl! Another one was a jock, he hasn't changed that much, it's just his hair and he looks really manly now.

I go to the shelf in which The Maze Runner series are placed. A lot of books which are piled with the series are also tempting me to read those books, but my mind told me to read The Death Cure instead. I hold the book to get it, but someone's hand is already holding the book.

My eyes widen in shock, it's the jerk who broke my heart in my senior high.

"Bloody hell?! I got the book first" I say grabbing the book from him.

"Chelsea" He says. "I miss you! Why didn't you answer my calls! I could have explained why it happened and we could have been back together!"

"Shut it Alex. That was before. Yes, I loved you. But now I don't. I don't need you in my life! What you did was unforgettable and unforgiving. You proved to me what a jerk you are, like what everyone tells me about you." I practically shout at him. I can't believe I just did that. I feel like the heavy weight on my shoulder just fell to the ground. I just want to shout more words at him but I'm in a book store, I almost forgot about that. Now my eyes are almost filled with water.

"Chelsea, I still love you. It was all a misunderstanding. Please give me a chance. One last chance." Alex begs.

"Chelsea!" Before I can turn around to see who it was, I feel hands snaking up my waist. Thomas. The idiot is my life saver now. I thought he's still flirting with those bishes?

"What the bloody hell happened here?" Thomas says, glaring at Alex. They hated each other since forever, and they used to fight a lot in school.

"H-he was begging me to give him a chance to be my boyfriend" I stutter, still glaring at Alex.

"Who says you're still single?" Thomas raises an eyebrow at me. A look of confusion then appears on Alex's face.

"Wait what? You have a boyfriend already?"

"Not just a boyfriend, but a fiancé." Thomas smirks. Dang it Thomas! Now that you told him, he's going to spread that! Ugh, idiot.

"You're talking to him now," Thomas adds. "Consider yourself lucky, I can't punch your face in the mall, and especially in front of my fiancé. Now if you please excuse us." Thomas grabs my hand, dragging me out of the store.

As we walk a bit further from the store, he finally  lets go of my hand.

"Why do you still like that jerk?" Thomas glances at me, then to the direction to his right.

"I don't," I reply rolling my eyes. "But I used to." I sigh.

"Bloody hell"

"What?" Thomas points at the direction behind me. I turn around, surprised to see girls and girls pointing and running towards us.

Thomas grabs my hand, and we run to the parking lot. Eventually, we found his car. As we get in, he hurriedly turns on the engine and the car runs into full speed.

"Do you feel happy to have lots of girls chasing you?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"It's feels like hell"

"Oh."

Not long after, we reached my place. He parks the car beside his parents'. Then I hurriedly get out of the car and rush to the door.

Before I can ring the doorbell, someone opens the door.

"So, how's the date?" That's the first four words Mom tells me as I reached home. Ava peeks, causing the door to open wider, with a grin on her face.

"It was doing great" Thomas says before I can reply.

"Ohh" Ava smirks. The Sangster smirk.

"Mom, can you please let us in the house now?" I say awkwardly.

Mom laughs, then she steps to the side for space for us to go inside.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Sangster and Mr. Sangster" I greeted them with a smile planted on my face. They are also like my parents, I remember when I was in kindergarten, and mom and dad was in Canada, so I had to stay in their house. Mrs. Sangster let me sleep in Ava's room and we pranked Thomas most of the time. Meanwhile, Mr. Sangster used to buy me kiddie books every time I stay in their house. They told me to call them in their first name but I hesitated because I thought it would sound so cool to just call them Mr. and Mrs. And of course, Thomas was so jealous of me, so he also used to prank me and until now, we still fight each other.

"Honey, we will show you your wedding dress tomorrow" Mrs. Sangster says sweetly.

Bloody sh*t