prologue

His round shaped hair cut, his smooth skin, his short legs... You were entranced by him simply walking, he was ethereal. Or maybe that's just teenage hormones at work.

   You've always kept an eye on him the day he had dropped his pencil. The sound of the wood hitting the floor had garnered your attention, and when you saw him staring at you expectantly, you doubled over in your head.

   Maybe he was just expecting you to pick up his pencil since it had landed under your desk when it fell, or maybe he believed in love at first sight... never mind, delusional as always.

You weren't the most confident in your own looks or speaking to people you've just met, but when someone does as much as look at you when you're not doing anything that would attract attention makes you think they have a big fat crush on you.

    Those were the thoughts that were racing in your head as you picked up the pencil. When you reached your hand out to give it back, his hand briefly touched your own as he, for some reason, kept this pencil until it couldn't be sharpened anymore. But you, being hopeful as always, imagined it was on purpose and that he was trying to flirt.

   Not like you would mention his attempts out loud. That's embarrassing.

   Though, when you and his hands touched, he made a scrunched up facial expression and quickly retracted his hand. Oh cute... is he nervous? No. He's disgusted.

   Maybe if you weren't a sucker for someone's affection, you would've realized he didn't like you at all, and that you both only had that little interaction because he didn't want to get up and reach under your chair. But you, the idiot you are, decided the reason you both were seated by each other was because fate existed, and that you two were made to fall in love.

   These fantasies were only fueled when you realized you had the same last block everyday, and the same lunch block. Yet those fantasies reached an unhealthy level when you saw him pull out a h/c phone case, the same color of your hair. That was the selling point, maybe if he had never dropped that pencil, you would've never been in this situation.

   The situation of pretending you're someone else, catfishing in every way. Maybe liking him was your biggest mistake.

Who are you kidding? Of course not! You were meant to be after all...

Math used to be boring and you never really paid attention, but he's good at math. Maybe if you become smarter, he'll fall for you? No, stop imagining things. Studying wasn't your good suit, but for someone as in love with you as he is, he'll definitely pay more attention. This is hopeless.

It's not like someone can control who they love, they'd have to learn on their own that their crush isn't meant for them with experience. You never knew Kunikuzushi was an absolute asshole. He kept a decent reputation to not get the teacher's attention and to keep his record clean. He's a bitch, but not publicly. He doesn't enjoy being jumped by idiots who dislike him in the hallways.

More importantly, he doesn't enjoy staring. And someone as an example, you. He's not an oblivious fuck who cant read the room, he can feel eyes on him everytime he's in a classroom that has a student named (Y/N) (L/N). Not just that, he didn't piece it together just by the fact you're in his classes, he saw you staring at him.

He knows, and he does in fact mind it. He's annoyed but he doesn't have the guts to go over to you and say "can you stop fucking staring at me creep" because that would ruin someone's view of him, and you yourself have quite the amount of friends.

He would say it if you were a quiet kid who nobody ever paid attention to, and make sure to say it in an isolated room. Throwing hands in public will surely get him suspended, and he can't have that.

Whenever you're absent for some doctors appointment or maybe you get sick, he's extremely relieved to not have someone staring down his back whenever they get the chance. But you will be gone soon, he's currently waiting for the counselor's review of his email so he can switch out his art and math classes.

Excited? Yes he is. Finally, you're not involved in his life. ;)