Head Spinnin'

Its fifth period. Science. I hate almost everything about Science. Except for the fact that Holly is in my science class.

The school dance is coming up this Friday and everyone is talking about it. I look over at Holly's group and hear them talking.

"Who are you guys going to hook up with?" One of them says. God, really? Who gives a shit! It is a damn dance.

"Guys. Its not about kissing people you know." Holly says. I smile at this and look back down at my sheet before I hear more of their conversation as their voices got somewhat louder.

"Well, Holly. We know who you're gonna hook-up with!" One of the girls started to say. This grabbed my attention and I snapped my head up to look in front of me. I didn't dare look over at her group because I didn't want to drag attention to myself. "You are going to hook-up with Max!" I looked over at them to see Holly looking at me in her peripheral vision, she puts her head in her hands and she looks embarrassed. Now its my turn to be embarrassed. I cant believe she knows I like her. That must be it. How many more people know? She must think I am the biggest weirdo now. It must've been the other week in Maths when my mate asked her about me. Shit I am screwed. I hope she is going to the dance though. It will be another chance to look at her and maybe even talk to her.

I doubt it.

*******

That afternoon I was walking to the bus stop to go home. Holly was walking behind me. I turned around because I wanted to try to make conversation. But when I turned around Holly and her friend were staring at me and her friend was pointing at me. I instantly turned back around. Were they still making fun of me because they knew I liked her? I am an idiot. I walk faster ahead of them to my friends. Instantly I see all of the popular girls in my year sitting with my mates and so I go over to talk to them and take my mind off of Holly for a little bit.

*******

The next day in maths we were getting our exam results back.

"If you have come across any problems with your marks come up and see me." My teacher says to the class. I stand up because I have come across a few issues in my paper. Holly follows me up to the desk and I try hard not to melt. She knocks the pen out of the teacher hand by accident and I cant help but realize how cute she is when she messes up.