Chapter 3

Phil put the book on dan legs and shuffled over to the door and turned of the light, leaving dan in the dark thinking.
Dan: what is this book that he gave me I can hardly read it now that the lights of. Think dan when did I give phil a book and what was it about.
"PHIL" dan shouted at the top of his voice but no reply from phil as he gone out and left dan to sit there.

As dan sat there he heard the door to his apartment door unlock. dan started to sweat thinking what phil is going to do he heard him go in the kitchen and place something on the kitchen table. The sweat started to run down dan arm losing the rope round his hands. He lift one out and untied the other. He was free. it felt so good to stretch his arms he started to untie his legs, when he heard phil heading his way. Dan quickly pretended to have is arm tied up so phil won't get angry.
The door handle started to turn. Dan heart was beating fast thinking what was going to happen next. The door creaked open and there stood a tall figure holding a shopping bag and started to walk toward the trembling boy in the chair.
Phil leaned towards dan ear and whispered "your hands are untied"
"How....did..you know" dan terrified to speak.
Phil leaned back and walked round to the back of dan and lent down to pick up the rope. " I can see the rope dan I'm not an idiot" phil claimed.
"uh... it fell of" dan tried to think of a lie, phil walked round to the front of dan and picked up the book of his lap " Dan why do you try and leave me do I mean nothing to you" phil spoke trying not to cry "do you not love me".
Dan eyes melted into phil eyes. the two boys just stood there speechless just staring at each other. dan tried to speak but was lost of words phil left the room in tears leaving dan there with his hands untied with the book on the floor. dan quickly untie his legs to catch up with phil but the door was locked. dan just stood there looking down at the book, questioning how could a book destroy our love what is it. Dan lent down to pick it up and it read "dan and Phil's memories" a tear dropped from Dan eye. he now remembered that he gave it to phil before he left to go to America.