Episode 17 || Epilogue

Heisenberg's POV

New sounds from the factory purred around me. Nice machinery covered my workplace, along with a mug of black tea.

I wiped the sweat from my brow, putting the newly made prosthetic down. It took forever to get the right measurements, because Penny kept moving, but it was finally done.

After a while of searching I found her sitting on my bed, cat hair everywhere.

Carefully I picked her up. Pulling the small prosthetic up over her little arm numb. She wiggled a little as I set her down but she seemed to enjoy having all her legs again.

A knock came from the door and I scratched her behind the ear before heading to get it.

"Be there in a second!"

I pulled on a pair of shoes and opened the door. Stopping dead in my tracks.

"(Y/N)?-" my voice broke as I wrapped around them. "You're back... You're finally back."

"Yeah, old man, I missed you too. Here's your hat, I told you I'd bring it back."

I felt the soft material on my head, but I didn't open my eyes.

"Why are you covered in hair? What happened when I was gone?"

Finally I took a step back, the kid actually looked a few years older.

"A lot's happened... I got a cat, come on and meet her." I led them inside the fully built factory, wiping my face.

Penny was right where I left her, sprawled out on my bed. Surprisingly she hadn't tried to get out of her new prosthetic.

It didn't take long for the kid to be covered in cat hair too. The black jeans they were wearing had a blanket of orange hair.

"This place is so nice... I guess, I missed a lot. Anyways I think I'm gonna stay for a while."

A giant grin covered my face and I didn't even try to cover it.

"Yes! Have you seen anyone else yet? Let's go see 'em!"

I pulled them up, Penny jumping out of their lap and curling up on my pillows.

We basically raced down the paved roads, down the the middle of town.

Alcina stood in the middle of town, a small boy on her shoulders and a girl hanging from her arm. A grin covered her face as she carried the kids around the center of the village.

Her mouth hung open when she saw us, quietly setting the children down without breaking eye contact.

After the children were gone she walked over.

"I didn't think you would be back to soon, (Y/N)..." She looked like she was about to cry.

"So soon? It's been, what...? Three years? Don't tell me you missed me that much..."

She shook her head, but immediately picked the kid up in a hug.

"I will gather all the people from the village... this deserves a celebration. A party, that way you can see everyone."

A soft smile covered both of their faces as the kid was set down.

"That sounds... wonderful, but I have someone I have to go see first."

Their hand went to the pocket of their sweatshirt, I heard the crinkle of paper before it was quiet again.

"Perfect! That will give me time to plan. I will invite everyone and we'll have every meal imaginable."