Eight

Just so you know, you should probably be a little confused. I'm not obviously cause I know what's going on haha!

—————————————————————————————

Demi sighed leaving the room, he seemed very distressed by what had gone on but she wanted answers, she wanted to know where her daughter was and where he has been over the last two years. They found both their bodies and that was the last straw for Demi, she knew that day that she had lost the love of her life and her daughter. Demi made her way upstairs into her son's room the boy stopping crying when he saw his mother now reaching out for her.

"Hey baby boy." Demi breathed bringing him up into her arms.

"Momma." He mumbled leaning his head on her chest again, he always liked a cuddle with his mom when he first woke up. Demi smiled kissing his hair swaying from side to side gently. She didn't know whether to have Adam around Joe at the moment but she didn't see how she could just hide him from his father, she'd never kick him out of the house. She spent the last two years wishing he was home and now he was she couldn't just send him out. Whatever had happened to him over the past two years has obviously affected him and she wanted to be there for him. She just wanted to know where their daughter was.

"D-Demi." She heard a stutter looking over towards the doorway smiling slightly when she saw the father of her son stood there. She motioned him to come in further, he hesitated but entered the room looking around seeing it was a jungle theme but his eyes soon landed on the boy in Demi's arms clung to her still half asleep.

"This is Joseph Adam Jr but we all call him Adam." Demi stated but didn't encourage the boy to wave or anything, he would become the boy everyone loved when he woke up a little more. Joe wondered over to them able to see more of the boy's face.

"Demi how long was I gone?" He questioned Demi looking up at him this time.

"Two years, I had a C-Section the day after the accident." Demi explained sighing again when he left the room. She set Adam down on the floor handing him a toy so he could be amused while she went after Joe. He wasn't usually fussed about breakfast straight away when he woke up. Demi followed Joe into the bedroom they slept in last night laying down next to him.

"I-I don't remember anything that has happened, I remember Kaylee falling off the cliff then both of us going down." Joe begun but paused.

"You don't say anything you don't want, I'm not pushing you into anything." Demi reassured wiping away his tears but he did carry on anyway.

"Kaylee died in my arms because of her injuries, the last thing I remember was that, then everything went black." Joe explained.

"Then what happened." The room fell silent for a couple of moments both of their minds. Kaylee who neither of them knew where she was. They wanted more than anything for her to be here with them but they didn't know why Joe was here never mind Kaylee.

"I woke up, on the porch apparently two years later," Joe whispered. "It's me Demi, I promise. We had a little girl when we were teenagers but she was born dead, we fell in love young. You broke your arm that time because we were climbing trees, you had a dog called Milo who died when you were eight..." Joe begun to babble but Demi soon stopped him.

"I believe it's you Joe but this doesn't make any sense, you must remember something that happened after that." Demi encouraged but Joe shook his head.

"My life was over as soon as my daughter died in my arms, I gave up. I let death take over me." Joe murmured laying his head down on the pillow closing his eyes but the tears were still escaping his eyes. Demi didn't know what to say to that. She didn't know what she could say. It still didn't make sense to her at all but she had to be there for him no matter what was going to happen in the future. The more she thought about it the more she realised that this baby growing inside of her could be Joe's baby after all. How she didn't have an answer for that.

———————————————————————————-

Comments please!