Chapter 5: The Soothscryer

|"If the amulets chose true, the Soothscryer will reveal it

will reveal it." |

Blinky placed his two right hands onto a sphere in the wall and presses it inwards

Blinky placed his two right hands onto a sphere in the wall and presses it inwards. This activates a large amount of traps in the arena making the three children's eyes widen as they catch sight of a blade.

"That's a big blade!" Toby exclaims pointing to a large axe coming out of one of the walls towards them Y/N looked furrowed her eyebrows as she turned her head to where Toby was pointing and widened her eyes pushing Toby out of the way the blade merly missing the two of them.

"Oh no." Another axe came Jim's way, he dodges it quickly and all the other ones swinging around him.

Toby had his back pressed up against a wall in a spot where the axes couldn't reach breathing heavily, Y/N tried to make her way to the button to turn off all the axes before someone got killed. She didn't think any of them would be of much use if they got killed by a swinging axe, and it would be quite embarrassing if Jim died on his very first day to a training course.

"Excellent reflexes Master Jim! Oh Mistress Y/N you must've done this before!" Blinky complimented the two amulet holders as they struggled- Mostly Jim at the unexpected course.

Y/N dodged an axe turning her body in a quick motion and yelled back at Blinky not trying to be aware of all the axes from the sides and blades coming out of the ground. "Can't say I have!"

"Great! But maybe we could start off easy? Like you know, with less... grindy things?" Jim suggested to the Troll as Y/N nodded agreeing with the boy.

"Blinkous Galadrigal!" Blinky quickly deactivated the room making all the blades and axes go back to place at the stern voice as a tall, pale, elderly Troll walked in. "Blinkous Galadrigal."

"That's your name?" Jim questioned Blinky who looked down in shame at his full name while Y/N couldn't help but laugh a little at his name but covered it up with a cough as Blinky glared at her.