Chapter 7: Rouge Gnome

| "I hate gnomes

| "I hate gnomes." |

"For centuries, the troll and human worlds stood separate and at peace, divided by bridges that acted as doorways between our two realms

"For centuries, the troll and human worlds stood separate and at peace, divided by bridges that acted as doorways between our two realms. But the Gumm-Gumms wanted to devour all of mankind. They were led by Gunmar 'the Black.' The rest of trollkind fought against him, culminating in the great Battle of Killahead Bridge, the portal to Gunmar's Darklands. After many moons, good triumphed over evil, and our great Trollhunter, Deya 'The Deliverer'."

Y/N didn't really listen to Blinky's history brief as she had already heard the stories of the battle of Killahead many times before and instead was studying for her spanish exam and going over some of her lines in the play.

Toby and Aaarrrgghh were listening hanging onto every word Blinky said whilst Jim was sleeping while sitting leaning on Aaarrrgghh.

"Locked Gunmar away, exiling him to the Darklands, and sealed the Killahead Bridge with the sacred amulet. After, we tore it apart, stone by stone. We left the old world in search for peace. We stowed away on a ship called the Mayflower, just a handful of us and some gnomes we'd brought along for companionship and nourishment. Finally, we arrived in a strange and exotic realm."

"New Jersey." Aaarrrgghh chimed in with a toothy grin.

Blinky continued, "We kept walking. Eventually, we came across a new Heartstone, and we realized we had found a new home under Arcadia. Blinky finally finished, groaned seeing as the one person who actually needed to listen wasn't. And quietly walked to Jim, Toby, Aaarrrgghh and Y/N watching as Blinky slammed the book shut right in front of Jim's face.

Jim woke with a startle screaming in Spanish. "Lo Siento, Senor Draal! No me mates!"

Y/N chuckled watching how panicked the boy was but knew how late he had been up studying with the light from his room shining into hers late at night, which made her really want curtains on the window.

"The training of troll history might seem like a minor duty, Master Jim, but-" Blinky started to explain but Jim quickly interrupted him.

"Sorry, I pulled an all-nighter studying for my Spanish Comprehension exam and my brain is muy gooey. I don't know. I guess I thought if I'm facing Draal in a week, my training would be a little more... active." Jim said as he stood with a stretch and a yawn, Aaarrrgghh doing the same.