Chapter 13: Goblins

| "Calm down, stakeouts aren't that fun, Especially when it has to do with a goblin

| "Calm down, stakeouts aren't that fun, Especially when it has to do with a goblin." |

🝃

Toby had explained to the two of them on the way that Eli had taken a photo of something, they walked to where the photo was taken

Toby had explained to the two of them on the way that Eli had taken a photo of something, they walked to where the photo was taken. The goblin's body still laid there, yet, Jim poked a stick at the goo like flesh of the goblin.

"Voila!" Toby said as Aaarrrgghh and Blinky crowded the three, Jim continuing to poke the squashed goblin as Y/N looked at it in disgust.

Aaarrrgghh looked at Toby and said.  "Not voila. Goblin."

Jim stopped poking its body and snapped his neck up to Aaarrrgghh. "Goblin?" He asked with a nervous look on his face.

"Ruthless tricksters. Petty street vandals who leave a wake of destruction. This is not good." Blinky explained to Jim, sharing a concerned look with Y/N.

The girl had dealt with goblins a few times in the past and every single time she had thought she'd seen the last of them they always come back.

Jim stood and chucked the stick after Blinky had described to them on what a Goblin was. "Well, justice was served. We should get back and train for Draal."

"Oh, no, Master Jim. Where there is one, there is many. And, as for the unfortunate soul who ran over this small fellow, may Skaargen's swift blade have mercy!" Blinky spit on 2 of his palms, rubbing them together before sticking them far apart as Toby walked off from the group.

Jim furrowed his eyebrows confused at what Blinky meant. "And why is that?"

"Naturally, goblin payback is ten-fold." Blinky explained.

"Are you saying whoever ran this guy over is in serious trouble?" Jim wondered as Y/N nodded.

Toby returned, a tiny slip of paper in his hand. "A delivery driver left a sticky note on Eli's house. Wait for it. The goblin might have gotten squashed by the delivery truck!"

Toby held up the small parchment as Jim gently pulled it from his best friend's fingertips. "Hey, let me see that. If the driver's returning at eight, we need to be here, too. I'm not gonna let some poor guy become goblin chow on my watch." Jim said with determination.