Chapter Five

Warning: Time skip happens

To: Sakura

Subject: [unknown]

From: Itachi

--------------------------------------

Are you okay? (9 p.m.)

~ ' ~ ' ~

To: Sakura

Subject: [unknown]

From: Itachi

---------------------------------------

Did you make it home okay?

Sasuke still isn’t home yet.

(10 p.m.)

~ ' ~ ' ~

To: Sakura

Subject: [unknown]

From: Itachi

-----------------------------------------

Nevermind. (10:20 p.m.)

~ ' ~ ' ~

“Goodmorning, Sakura.”

A kiss was pressed to her forehead, but her eyes did not waver from where they were staring out of the window. At least, trying to. The black-out curtains that blocked the sun made it difficult, but Sakura had looked out of her own window often enough to be able to imagine what the view outside would be like. She knew that, like she was staring at the window, he was staring at her. Still, she could not find it in herself to reply. It was not a goodmorning.. It wasn’t even a goodnight.

“Are you hungry?”

“No. I should probably get home, actually,” Sakura says as she slowly sits up. The blanket pools around her waist and she hunches her shoulders together to hide herself. In the back of her mind, she knew that there was no point. He had already seen her and all that she had to offer - would have offered. Shame coursed through her veins and she tried not to let it show with the fake smile that she gave him.

“Why?”

“Christmas break is coming up and I have a lot to prepare for these two weeks of school.”

“Ah.”

He says nothing else and neither does she as she gets dressed. Once she’s at the door he offers a disinterested “Be careful” to which she only nods and gives him a fake smile.

Heading down the stairs, wariness creeps into her. She didn’t want to run into anyone and that feeling tightens in her chest once she spots Itachi on the couch with a coffee cup pressed to his lips. Walking past him, she keeps her eyes on the door.