Chapter Twenty-One

Warning: Mature content in the beginning.

The movie had long since rolled to the credits, but Sakura couldn’t find it in herself to remove herself from where she was wrapped up in both the blanket and Itachi’s arms. She was comfortable and at ease. Closing her eyes, she leaned further into his chest and rested against him. She knew he was asleep and had been since the middle of the second “Home Alone” movie. He found Christmas movies cliche and boring. The fact that he has already sat through two movies before this one just for her had warmed her heart.

Looking over the living room, she was glad that they had cleaned up everything from Christmas before they were getting ready for bed that night. That was one less thing for them to handle tomorrow and the next few days.

They were going to be busy. New Years Eve was coming up and Itachi had a gig that night that she couldn’t wait to go to. She hadn’t been able to attend many of his gigs since they started dating, but she had been to plenty of his concerts when she was a young teen. She couldn’t wait to, publicly, attend as his girlfriend. It was something she was sure many girls and women had hoped to be able to do.

Sakura couldn’t help but feel slightly smug that it was her who was wrapped up in a blanket in his house. That it was her that he cherished and thought about. That it was her he would fight for and that it was her he would dive off of a cliff for.

At the last two thoughts, she sobered up a little.

She didn’t know what they were going to do with Sasuke. Technically, Itachi threw the first punch and yes, this was his property, she didn’t know how well that would do if reported. After Sasuke was cleaned up, his father had taken him back to the rehab center. She just didn’t know about it all and it was daunting. Sakura couldn’t wrap her head around any of it.

“Are you okay?”

“Oh, yes, sorry..” She says quietly and tilts her head up to look at him. “I was just thinking.” She didn’t mean to wake him, though she shouldn’t be surprised that she did. He was attuned with her body language and her breathing patterns - he knew every inch of her, both mind and body.

“Everything will be okay,” he murmurs and presses a kiss to the top of her head. He knew exactly what she was thinking about. “For now, let's just focus on each other.” His hands were warm as they slid down her sides, guiding her to where she was facing him and straddling his lap. “Eyes on me,” Itachi breathes out when Sakura’s eyes dart out to the side where the popcorn bowl was sitting next to them. Without a word, he slowly scoots it away from them, and brings his hands back to rest against her. Slowly, almost agonizingly so, he leans forwards and captures her lips in a kiss.

Closing her eyes, she leans into the kiss. Her arms wrap around his neck and she allows herself to be drawn in closer to him as her fingers thread through his hair. She would have to speak to him about growing his hair out again, she missed it. Those thoughts were soon replaced by the feeling of his hands sliding down her sides, her back, and resting on her bottom instead. She was waiting, waiting to see what he would do. Was he going to just rest it there? She didn’t know, but she almost forgot as he deepened the kiss and nipped lightly at her bottom lip for entrance.