Chapter 5

Seonghwa sat on the bed in the med bay as Yeosang looked him over, making sure that he didn't get hurt from the fall like Hongjoong did.

"How's your wrist feeling," Yeosang asked, checking over Seonghwa's braced wrist.

"It's fine. San and Hongjoong grabbed my other wrist," Seonghwa replied, lifting his arms and showing the bruising on his wrist. Yeosang pouted worriedly and grabbed his hand, checking over the bruises.

"Does it hurt," Yeosang asked him.

"Not really, it's only bruised. My shoulder is a little sore but no where near as bad as the Captain's," Seonghwa said with a sigh. Yeosang glanced up at the older medic and frowned.

"You can call him Hongjoong you know. We only call him Captain if we're in trouble or something, if he's giving us orders," Yeosang said.

"We aren't really on first name basis. Evident in how he calls me Park and not Seonghwa," Seonghwa said with a sigh.

"Ok, fair point. But you still don't need to call him Captain. Call him Kim or something," Yeosang said with a shrug.

"I'm gonna stick with Captain. I'd rather not give him more reasons to hate me," Seonghwa said with a sigh.

"Seonghwa he doesn't hate you, he just saved your life," Yeosang pointed out. He grabbed a cold pack from his chest and got it prepped, placing it on Seonghwa's wrist softly.

"I know and I'm thankful for that but he didn't do it for me, he did it for San," Seonghwa said quietly.

"Oh come on, give him more credit Seonghwa, he isn't that bad. I'm sure he-."

"He literally told me he only did it for Sannie," Seonghwa interrupted. Yeosang went quiet at that and sighed, thinking over his next words.

"Hongjoong just isn't good at showing emotion and it takes him a really long time to trust someone. He doesn't hate you, he's just wary of you still. He just needs to warm up to you more," Yeosang said softly.

"Fine, whatever," Seonghwa said with a shrug, holding the icepack on his wrist and leaning back against the wall.

"Can I ask you a question," Yeosang asked quietly.

"What is it," Seonghwa asked.

"San said you fell from the crows nest. How did you fall," Yeosang asked, nibbling his bottom lip nervously. Seonghwa frowned and drew his knees up to his chest slowly as he thought back to the fear he felt in that moment.

"I panicked and then I tripped," he said with a sigh.

"Are you scared of heights," Yeosang asked quickly.

"No, I'm not. Not that I know of anyway," Seonghwa said, shaking his head.

"Then what was it," Yeosang asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. Seonghwa thought for a few seconds about the reason, glancing at Yeosang. He can trust him, he knows he can trust him.

"I um, I'm not a very good swimmer. Actually, that's a lie, I can't swim at all. Th-The old crew found out about it," Seonghwa said, pausing to take a deep breath and try to keep calm.

"Hey, you don't need to tell me if you don't want to," Yeosang said softly, noticing how uncomfortable Seonghwa seemed.

"No. No, I need to talk about this. Is, is this ok," Seonghwa asked quickly.

"Of course, you can tell me anything," Yeosang said with a reassuring nod.

"Um, they found out about me not being able to sw-swim. They had this sp-special little g-game they liked to play-." Seonghwa cut himself off as he took deep breaths to remain calm. Yeosang just remained patient and stayed quiet, allowing Seonghwa to tell him in his own time.