Chapter 8

Trigger Warning

Panic Attack

It's been a week since they left Port Osburn and set out to get to Port Arland and everything was going well. Seonghwa's bruising took a couple of days to heal up enough for him to move around and then he started helping out around the ship. He most recent task was helping Yunho paint some of the deck.

"How frequently do you repaint stuff," he asked as he continued painting careful swipes up and down.

"Not very often, only really if accidentally damage the paint or it starts peeling off. Hongjoong takes great pride in the Illusion being in tip top shape," Yunho said with a grin.

"Indeed I do. My baby needs to look perfect," Hongjoong said as he walked over. He had two glasses of water in his hands, knowing how hot it was outside. He held one out to each of them and they gladly accepted.

"How're you feeling," Hongjoong asked Seonghwa quietly. He glanced up as he sipped the drink, his lips quirking up slightly.

"I'm good," he said with a nod.

"You sure? If you're a little sore, then you can rest a bit," Hongjoong said with a frown.

"Careful Captain, people might accuse you of caring," Seonghwa teased.

"Shut up," Hongjoong mumbled, whacking the back of Seonghwa's head lightly, making him spill a little bit of his drink.

"Hey, you made me spill my water," Seonghwa said with a pout. Hongjoong shrugged and frowned slightly before walking off, making Seonghwa sigh.

"He's trying. He takes a little while to warm up to people once he doesn't hate them anymore," Yunho said softly, making Seonghwa turn to him.

"He was pretty adamant that he didn't hate me," Seonghwa said. Yunho smiled and nodded.

"He was. I mean when he decides he doesn't mind someone, it'll take a bit for him to get used to being nice," Yunho said. Seonghwa hummed and nodded, finishing the last of his water before he continued painting.

"Imagine having to paint the deck in this heat." Seonghwa and Yunho glanced up to see San walking over to them, stretching his arms.

"Imagine having to navigate for hours on end in this heat, doing nothing but standing there and feeling the sun beating down on you," Yunho countered. San grinned and sat down beside them, leaning back and propping himself up on his arms.

"I actually quite enjoy doing that, thank you very much," he said with a shrug, shuffling closer to Seonghwa so he was right beside him.

"Why aren't you navigating right now," Seonghwa asked, glancing to the helm and realising there was no one there.

"Oh, Hongjoong's getting Jongho to anchor us in," San said with a grin, slipping an arm around Seonghwa's waist. Right as he did that, the ship jerked, flinging Seonghwa slightly back but San was prepared and held him stable so he wouldn't smash back onto the deck.

"See, anchored in," San said with a grin.

"You guys need to hurry up, we're gonna go swimming to cool off," he added before jumping off and skipping away. Seonghwa froze and tensed up, glancing towards the side of the ship.

"Seonghwa. You good," Yunho asked, noticing Seonghwa hadn't moved since San left. Seonghwa jolted and looked back to Yunho, forcing a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he said with a nod.

"Alright, well let's hurry up so we can get into the water," Yunho said, resuming his ministrations in painting the deck. Seonghwa took a deep breath and continued as well, pushing down the fear that was beginning to rise inside him. He's got Yeosang, he'll be ok.