1

Elena pov.

"Mum!!!" I was already fed up of my mother's rants which I was already used to but sometimes makes her angry.

"Don't mum me. You are the only....

"I'm running late, we'll talk about this later!" I ran out of the house immediately because I did  not want to hear my mother say it again for the umpteenth time.

"My God! Did she just run out on me." My mother gasped holding her chest.

"Don't be so dramatic mum! I love you." I said as she hailed a cab that will take her to her work place.

"Bromfull!" I told the driver as I entered the cab.

For those who doesn't know me, I am Elena Scout. I'm just a twenty four years old lady working at a high and respectful restaurant as a weekday waitress but work at a local club during weekends.

My relatives are not that many except my mum and brother.

Well, my mum, since you've met her isn't much of a character just that sometimes she gets carried away and start talking nonsense like marriage sometimes. I don't live with my mum though but I do visit her most times to check on her.

My brother who's just older than me with four years is already married and planning on welcoming a baby.

You must wonder about my father, well, he's actually not with us anymore as he's found a new lady to fill his pot and left us alone. He doesn't take responsibility for anything and we don't complain to him at all.

"Ma'am we are there." The driver said as I handed him his money and got off the car. 

I inhaled the air around me as I am satisfied and happy with all I have. I walked into the restaurant head up.

"You're early today!" I told Alex who was my co worker and he smiled, knowing fully well I was not only teasing him.

"Well, actually, my sister's around." He answered and I got the point already.

Well, Alex doesn't like his sister that much but has to fulfill his brotherly duties towards her.

"And I think people are going to be many than usual today." I said as I dressed in my apron.

"You look happy." Alex said.

"I'm always happy!" I told him courteously.

"True and false!" He said.

"Work Alex! Work." I told him still beaming but he only shrugged.

Truth be told, I really don't know why I am this happy and giddy. I just woke up this morning feeling so refreshed and happy.

"Anna didn't come today?" I asked noticing the absence of my bestie.

"Yeah, she took the day off!" He answered.

Yeah, totally like her, she's my bestie and my gist partner, though she could be annoying sometimes but whatever.

"Wassup!" Jereme said as he stopped at the counter. "Jeez, Alex, you're sure you're alright?" He asked.

"Yes I am! Why?" Alex answered

"But you are...

"His sister is around!" I cut in knowing well that he was about to ask about Alex being early.

"Ohh!" He laughed.

"You're overly excited today, what's popping?" He asked me

"Jeez, can't I be happy!" I asked.

"Yes you can but this one is more than happiness." He answered.

"Well, Mr man. I am happy and that is  all." I said to him.

*****************

It was already evening and it was time for my shift, I felt relaxed since every table has been attended to.

" Jeez, your happiness is creeping me out!" Jereme said as he hanged his apron.

"Then I'll always be as happy as this!" I told him.

"So you are an enemy!" He gasped playfully.

"Are you just knowing!" I answered as we both laughed.

Finally it was time for me to go home as I was still happy over what I don't know though the tip was not that much.

I decided to go early to bed but what met me at home threw me of balance.

I entered the house only to meet my whole family, even my father, sitting down waiting for me and within me I knew something was wrong but I didn't want to acknowledge it.

"Elena!" My brother rushed to me hugging me tightly.

"What's wrong?" I asked but nobody answered as I was standing there looking at them with my brother still hugging me.

"Will someone tell me what is wrong!" I screamed.

My brother left me and sat down back really looking downcast.

"Elena!" My mother called and that was when I realized that she was actually crying.

"Elena, your father...he..he.. wants the money back! " My mother cried.

"I need to pay my rent since last year and need to buy things for the baby." My brother said.

I looked at my father who wasn't feeling any remorse seeing how his family is suffering.

I felt like screaming but I knew I would be giving my father a kind of satisfaction so I held it in.

"Do you really want the money back?" I asked my father.

"Yes. I need the money now!" He said and I looked around to see who could support me but no one could.

I took my phone and wired one hundred thousand dollars to my father for the repayment of the money he gave us to live on  when things were bad, even though he told us not to pay him back.

I looked at my brother and wired the remainder of my money into his account for his own problem.

Immediately the alert entered they both checked their phone and my brother came thanking me.

But immediately my mother slumped and she stopped breathing. My brother and I rushed to her while my father stood up hissed and walked out.

I felt my world crashing down as the thought of loosing everything I have came to mind. I also went blank.

*******************************
  Hello to my dear readers, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter.
I know it might not suit some of you but please bear with me.

What do you think of Elena and her family??

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share. You could also follow for more stories.

Your author
Favour ♥️♥️