13

Elena POV

"You are not serious!" Anna gasped as she grabbed the stool next to her settling on it. "God! And you pulled?" She said while I nod my head. "Gosh!"

"Yeah, but I don't want to start confusing myself, like he was hostile before and now he's kind to the extent of we kissing. I don't want to loose my mind." I heaved a sigh scratching my head.

To be sincere I could feel myself falling for him but it's bound to happen, I knew from the start but I chose to ignore it but now it's back biting me at the back. I mean he's handsome and all but I could not risk my heart, no I can't.

"Are you gonna forfeit the contract?" She asked.

"Nah, it's not necessary, besides I need the money, mom's health Is deteriorating everyday so I need to take care of her." I smiled, yeah I am cornered, no matter how much I wanted to break the contract, the thought of mom kept coming to mind and then there is something that doesn't want me to leave also.

"Don't worry, I'm here for you. Anytime." Anna said.

"Thanks, I needed that." I sighed hugging her. "What about you?" I asked.

"What!" She babied.

"Jake is taken." I whispered and she immediately grabbed what I meant.

"Well, who knows, at least he's not playing me." She bit her lips, I could see the depression in her eyes. Actually, she just broke up with her abusive boyfriend recently and it's been hitting her. The stupid guy didn't care about her but wanted her money and her body, he had other girls he has fun with and even when Anna found out she was shaken and broken but still she didn't want to let go. She called it love, jeez. That man was literally using her and my Friend would not want to let go until she found out he was also cheating on her with her close friends but as usual her friend was also fooled and I had to force her to break up with the stupid guy.

"I'm fine, Lena." She said squeezing my hands. I could feel her pain. Life isn't fair after all.

"I know." I whispered back at her.

"Wassup, why are you guys acting as if I'm your boyfriend." Alex said walking in on us.

"Thank God you know, you'll make an awful boyfriend." Anna said and we both laughed as the frowning Alex came toward Anna.

"Hey man! She's mine! Don't touch her!" I said obstructing his way as he wanted to attack Anna.

"Whatever!" He huffed as Anna made jest if him.

"How's your sister?" I asked him and he immediately glared at me. " Sorry!" I stiffened a laugh.

"She's gone back home." He answered.

"No wonder you're always late." Anna smiled. "You know she's your sister, you need to soften up."

"All she ever want is money and I'm sick and tired of it." He said.

"Take care man!"

****Josh POV****

"You what!" Jake gasped smiling or rather laughing. "It's about time."

"I don't regret this though." I said.

"Is it not you? How will you regret it! You've dine more than that to women!" Jake was still laughing teasing me.

"Well,.."

"Well what?"

"She's different, yes I can do it , I've done it uncountable times but it's just that, she's, she's different. " I said massaging my neck.

"Well. Why then do you treat her like that?" He asked.

"How!?" I don't understand what he's saying.

"Your first date with her was well pretty cruel to her." He said more seriously.

"I don't know."

"Well, she'll think you are after her body!"

"Hell no! Well she has a body every man wants under him but no." I said it as the matter of fact.

"You need to man up." Jake said.

"How am I not a man?" I asked even though I knew what he meant.

"You know what I mean, stop all this things, if you fall for her let it be and if you don't let it be also. Stop forcing emotions."

"I'm not forcing any emotions, it's just that I don't want to loose guard, I don't want to get married now, I don't think I can even handle love now. I'm not ready." I said.

"Stop being a coward! You think I'm ready for marriage bit still I know what I want and I went for it. Not coward all in the name of not wanting marriage. If you loose her don't come to me, I'm telling you now." He said standing up.

"Are you taking her side?" I asked.

"I'm saying the truth and nothing else, if you think I'm siding anyone then it is up to you. If you loose her after realizing your feelings it's up to you but don't forget I know you than anyone else. I can see it in your eyes, but I can see it in your eyes." He said and stroll to the door." See you later."

What the hell!