15

Josh pov

"You've been buying a lot of jewelries and girly stuffs lately. I'm sensing love in the air!" Kate said smiling and wriggling her eyebrows.

"You're sensing bad!" I told her as I sat down feeling exhausted.

"Oh no! I'm never wrong. Trust me. You live her." She smiled.

"That's where you get it wrong sweetie. She's a likable person no doubt but what's between us is a contract and nothing else."

"Then explain the gifts." She said.

"Well ...I just like giving her...I mean.. she's sweet and...

"You like her."

"Kate hell no! I mean she doesn't even collects them." I said.

"And why is that?"

"Well, I've grown the habit of giving her gifts whenever I piss her off or behave rudely to her." I said as I narrate all that happened yesterday and some other times I treated her rudely.

"God! J! I can't believe you. You're a bastard." She said hitting me.

"No I'm not." I said In defense.

"You have the habit of hurting people you love but I can't believe she's still with you. I left immediately I realized." She said.

"I don't hurt people, I just get irritated sometimes. That's all." I said.

"Trust me, you love that girl and better go apologize and make things right before you loose her. Idiot." She said handing me the package and pushing me off the chair.

"I'll leave on my own accord." I said.

"Get the hell out!" She shouted. "And don't you dear loose her!"

Jeez women.

*****Elena POV******

"Use the money to take care of mum's health, and if per adventure the money remains you can use it for your essentials." I said before cutting the line.

Exhausted will be the least on my mind now even though it is rating me up like crazy. I looked at the time, it was barely six and am awake waiting for the day to be over ad I was tired staying at the restaurant. I felt like crying as all what Josh said came playing in my head. God am I stupid! I allowed myself to be trampled upon by that badass.

Brngg. The door bell rang as a customer entered and only for me to look up and find the man haunting my thoughts at my front.

"Hey sweetie." He said as he brushed his hands on my cheeks.

Is he kidding me! I want to scream so hard. Jeez! He was acting so cold and warning me yesterday and now he's calling me sweetie does he actually have a problem.

"Hi." I answered.

"Yeah. I was nearby so I thought to pay you a visit." He smiled as if nothing happened yesterday and oh yes. I'm a fool. To him nothing happened and that will always be it, today he'll be all feisty and then then tomorrow he'll be so sweet and we'll just act as if nothing happened the day before but it actually breaks me. I mean I'm falling hard for this man and he's here toiling with me. Maybe he even knows that's why he keeps going on and off.

"Hey Josh!" Anna said as she settled on a stool next to me. I could see that she is seething.

"Hey! How's work?" He answered.

"Pretty going well before someone came into the picture and ever since it has been stupid!" She replied and I know well what she was talking about.

Yes, you could guess. Well I told her about what happened at the party and she was so mad that she wanted to call Jake to warn his friend or so she told me, if I hadn't stopped her.

"Woah! You are pretty annoyed with the person!" Josh said smiling, if only he knew.

"Yeah, pretty." She mumbled before leaving even though I gave her the *please I don't want to handle him look.*

"Here, I brought something for you." He said placing a designer package on the counter.

"Oh, no. Please." I declined. "I can't take it."

"Nope, you've been refusing and now I won't take no for an answer." He said as he pecked me then left. Jeez! He pecked me?! I know this is bad for my heart. Why is he acting this way. Hard on me today and tomorrow he'll be nice. What does he want.

"I see he dropped something." Anna eyed the gift.

"I'm tired." I whispered.

"You need to get this over with. I mean just terminate this damn contract!" She said.

"I don't know."