9

Elena pov

I looked at the clothes I had already picked out from my wardrobe. They were the best and fanciest clothes that I have though by fanciest I mean it's gonna be a rag for a rich person of course but I love decent and moderate clothes.

I looked at the clothes and decided to pick the long red gown which had a slit from my mid thigh downward.

I was definitely gifted this clothes by my brother at least when things were still settled down, I kept it thinking I'll still need it instead of selling it and it seems now is the time.

"Well dress, I think you'll be useful a lot now." I talked to the dress as I slipped it on. It was just perfect!

Within the next ten minutes, I was already dressed and fidgeting maybe I was doing the wrong thing but I knew it was too late after all.

I heard a knock on the door and I jumped immediately, I looked around for anything I might need and have is not in my purse, 'or rather you don't want him to see your house dirty and untidy.' my inner self said and I knew it was true though.

" Hello!" I said as I opened the door to see the well tanned man in a well fitted polo and jeans. I felt my throat itch.

"You're ready?" He asked answering with the nod of my head. We both head towards the car which I Know was his without any trouble.

"Get in." He said as he entered into the driver seat. I went around to seat at the owners seat at the back.

He looked at me, and I stared back. "What?" I asked.

"Get your butt to the front! I'm not your driver!" He said.

"Oh, sorry but I can't, I'll feel somehow!" I lied.

"And what's my concern with that, get your butt to the front." He blurted out.

"I can't, I told you already! Please!" I said softly and he gave me the *stupid ass* look and drove off. Actually I didn't want to sit there because I was afraid of staring at him. I could not sit next to him when he's looking so devishly handsome, I need to breathe.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll know when we get there!" He answered.

"Is it a surprise?" I asked eagerly waiting for his answer.

"You wish!" He said immediately and my hopes flew out the window. " We're going to the store, we need to get you some clothes."

"Oh." I said in a sulky manner, but then my hopes went high again "But this one is a good one right?" I asked with all eagerness.

"Nope!" He said curtly. Once again my hope was dashed away, what was I even thinking, that he'll be kind enough to at least be friends with me. It's all useless, he's not even in my status, I should better stop all these plays and come back to reality.

"Sorry." I whispered to no one in particular. The ride wasn't too long as we arrived our destination in an hour.

I wasn't familiar with the store, it was a magnificent building with different categories. Walking side by side with Josh, I tried to tread carefully while I admire the building.

"Mr and Miss Josh!" An attendant was already waiting for us and I flinched at her words, Miss Josh! How pathetic, I smiled to myself.

"It's just formality, Don't let the name get into your head." He whispered.

What the hell was wrong with this guy! Now he's suddenly turned cold and distant. It's not like I'm begging him to... You know what forget it!

"Kate?" He asked the attendant.

"Follow me please." She said leading us to another compartment.

"Look who's here!!" A lady said as she came out from God knows where.

"Hello!" Josh said with a smile in his face.

"How are you?" The female replied pecking him on his cheeks.

"Good.  What about you?" He asked.

"Never been better!" She said as I felt kinda left out, it seems he knows her well for her to even peck him. Oh well.

"Who's this pumpkin?" She asked as she came to me. "Hello!"

"H..hi." I answered suddenly feeling awkward as the attention is now on me.

"I'm Katrina but Kate for short, how are you?" She asked.

"I'm...Elena. I'm good." I answered.

"It's time I finally meet the girl able to wrap this man here around her." She said only if she knew.

"No..no, Kate! This is all a facade!...
That was all my head could take, he went on explaining everything to her but only the facade thing stuck to me. What was I even thinking, I smiled.

"Oh." Kate said. " Guess you want to try the clothes on now." She said as she showed me the changing room and gave me some clothings to try.

"Elena, take it from me, josh can be very annoying sometimes but please bear with him." She said. I nodded and shoved it aside after all he was already showing his cold side, it's useless to feel anything.

It was quite unique but the price was exceedingly great, I tried to ignore it though, after all it's all on him.

When everything was done the clothes, shoes and accessories were packed, he payed and we left. I was already feeling tired and famished, but I try to keep up.