14

Elena POV

Well it has been two weeks and everything was going on smoothly and we'll, his family doesn't have problems with me and I was starting to think that maybe it will all end well .

"Penny for your thoughts!" His voice brought me back to reality. I looked up to meet Josh handsome and smiling face.

"Jeez, don't talk like an old wise sage." I laughed at his choice of words.

"Why? I am. You know." He said cupping my cheeks in his hands making me blush hard.

"Well, it doesn't fit you and I Know nothing." I said all smiles ignoring the ache of my cheeks.

"Ouch! It hurts." He said dramatically holding his chest.

"Jeez, it's ugly!" I called after him and we both had a good laugh.

Well, yeah, that's how it's been since two weeks ago now. Josh has been kind and sweet, he takes me in date whenever he wasn't busy or he would call me and we'll talk on nothing exactly.

"You're beautiful!" He said catching me off guard.  I could only blush at what he said, I was blushing to hard for my health, well that's if it's possible. "What are you thinking?" He asked. "Don't go getting ideas, it's just a random truth." He said and I felt like hitting him.

"Idiot! I wasn't getting any idea!" I ran after him.

"Sure?" He asked laughing as he was dodging me.

"Serious! Arghh you!" I was still blushing though.

I know it's dangerous, I know it might break me and all but I couldn't help it any more longer. I just couldn't help my heart, I know I have fallen in love with him and hard. But for the first time I just want to enjoy it while it last.

"Com'mon, it's getting late, we should be heading home." He said as he grabbed me.

"I don't want to go!" I whined.

"Jeez! What will I do with you!" He said as he tickled me and I was shouting ' not fair'.

*******One week later.

"Here we are!" The driver said as we arrived the Collins mansion. They were holding a big dinner party for family and requested josh to bring me but he told me he'll come late so he ordered a driver to pick me up.

"Ashely!" Mrs Collins called out immediately I entered the mansion and I hurried over to her side as she welcomed me with a hug. "How are you doing my darling?" She asked.

"Great ma." I answered.

"I told you to call me mum. Don't do this. How are you.?" She asked

"I'm doing good mum." I smiled at her hospitality.

"Will you allow my daughter in law to greet me!?" Mr Collins called from the living room. And I blushed.

"Go and meet him before he bites us!" Mrs Collins laughed and I went to meet him

"Evening sir!" I said hugging him.

"How are you doing, Hope that son of mine is treating you well?" He asked.

"Too well for my liking." I smiled.

"That's good, he shouldn't treat you anyhow." He smiled.

"JOANA!" I shrieked as I saw her in her beautiful floral dress all designed to the core.

"Oh my! Ashely! It's been a while!" She also screamed as she hugged me.

"Yup, I'm sorry." I said smiling. "All this for Jake?!" I teased her as I access her body.

"Ash! Arghhhshh, don't say it out loud." She said laughing and blushing hard.

"God! You are beautiful. No play!" I said.

"Thank you. Same as you. You look like a goddess." She whispered and we both blush as we teased each other.

"Ma'am, we are a cook short and we don't have any replacement." A chef came towards me and Joana.

"How come?" She asked.

"He called in sick just now." The man answered.

"Jeez, what will we do now!"

"I can help. " I said.

"But...

"Don't worry J, I'll help." I said smiling as I led myself into the kitchen.

*Thirty minutes later* Josh pov*

I know I have gotten too far with her, it's not like she's not fun to be with it's just that I'm not ready for this not even a bit and my heart was already addicted to her. I strolled to the kitchen area where I found her laughing with the cooks.

"I'm pretty sure he'll marry you. I mean you are so nice and lively unlike his formers."  A cook said.

"Well what will I say. I... thanks." She said. How pathetic. It's like she has forgotten..

"Do you like him, like really?"

"Yup." She answered but then something rose up in me.

I entered the kitchen and ordered everyone out except Elena.

"Hey." She said smiling at me. "You look fantastic." She continued smiling as she used her pointer finger to poke me, wanting to do it again I held her hand.

"It's like you've forgotten something." I said.

"What!" She pouted.

"Something very important, too important to be forgotten." I said and she looked at me with a question mark on her face.

"All this!" I pointed to us both, " all this is just a facade, a facade that is coming to an end soon! It is not re
Al but contract do please don't get your hopes high, I mean don't go about acting like the first lady and then when it's over you'll start begging to help you. Do before you act, think because after this contract you'll be dead to me." I said as I dropped her hand and left her.

***Elena POV***

I felt my heart sink, my body shook and I felt my whole world crashing. Tears came freely and I couldn't stop it. It's true after all, what was I thinking, that the almighty Josh Collins will fall for a poor girl like me, when it's not a movie. I smiled at my naiveness, it remains five weeks and then I'll be fine. I went outside to meet the family sitting on the chair and smiling as if nothing happened but deep down my sorrows knew no bounds.

Pretty harsh 😔