2

Josh pov.

"Josh COLLINS!" Mr Collins, my dad shouted and I knew I was in for it.

"I told you." My sister Joana said sticking her tongue teasing me.

"Get the fuck!" I said running up the stairs to meet my parents.

"What took you so long!" My mother eyed me.

"You can't apologize?!" My father said.

"I'm sorry." I said grudgingly.

"So because you are doing well as the deputy chairman of the company that's why you are acting on top of the world right?!" My dad scolded and I already knew where this was going.

"But you Know that you can't become the chairman if you don't get yourself a spouse!" He added.

"I know sir!" I said.

"So where's your spouse!?" My father asked.

"I...

"You don't need to answer, Seb tell him!" My mother lashes but her last words got me alert.

What did this parent of mine want to do now, they've been on my neck ever since and I'm not even allowed a breathing space.

"Josh! We are going to get you a wife!" My father said and I looked up at him with utmost disappointment.

How will that word even come out of their mouth, for crying out loud, it's his life.

"Father...

"Oh! You want to object?" My mother threw the question at me. I thought mothers was supposed to back their children and not throw them to the lion.

"Dad! I know...I ..." I was shorts of words cause I don't want to promise them something I can't fulfill.

"We will find you a wife, and that from a very respectable family. Someone like Tricia, Pat and Laura!" My mother said.

"Mother! Why all this. I told you I'll bring home my spouse one day...

"I give you sixty days for that! If you can't bring a spouse within sixty days I assure you that your spouse will be waiting for you." My father interrupted me and stood up in finally.

I walked out of the room filled with anger and I didn't know where to vent it or how to!

" Your phone is ringing" Joana said bringing me from whatever world I was.

"Hello." I said.

"Com'mon why are you talking as if it's your enemy that's calling." Jake said laughing.

"I'm not even in the mood at all." I told him.

"Jeez! Be in the mood o, don't go around venting your anger on my babe o!" He said.

"Which babe, you better leave me now or else it's  you I'll vent my anger on." I said.

"If you want to, go ahead but please don't vent it on my babe, I won't lyk it." He said.

"Enough of the oppression, I already know you have babe so please. I won't vent my anger on her, don't worry." I said.

"Better. Erm...I called maybe you'll be available tomorrow, you know that I need to wash my sorrows and I need someone to come with me so I don't do anything stupid!" Jake said.

"And where's that, where will we be going to?" I asked knowing the answer already.

"Weeeell...just...you know...just...ok...a bar or something." He said.

"Okay. We'll go from the office!" I answered.

"Seriously!" Jake asked surprised at my answer.

"Should I change my mind?" I asked.

"Why would you. Tomorrow for us!" He laughed before saying goodbye then disconnecting the call.

I sighed.

Josh Collins here! Deputy chairman of the COLLINS enterprises and still single at twenty six years of age.

I am preparing to take over from my father later this year but laid a condition which was to get married.

To be sincere I haven't thought about marriage that much, not because I hate women, no! Infact I used to be a play boy before responsibilities fell on me.

But the sincere fact was that, I haven't come across any woman I'm in interested in. There are many respectable women have come across and I've wished to fall in love with but unfortunately couldn't and I can't indulge into marriage where I don't love the person. That was the limit for me.

I have only one sibling and that's my younger sister who is into a relationship with my best friend Jake, which might be a little uncomfortable but I wouldn't want to toy with my sister joy even though she might be annoying.

*******************************

Hello!!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it might be short but please pardon me.

So what do you think about Josh and his parents.
Well don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Your author
Favour ♥️♥️