11

Elena POV

"Jeez, who knew today will be so busy as hell!" Annabelle sat down whining her ass of.

But true, today is a hell of busy moment, I mean the restaurant is short of staffs but not the customers, I sat on the stool massaging my neck and shoulder.

"I'm so tired!" I said noticing Anna throwing me a few glances. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing." She faced the other side but I know too well it was not nothing, I know she wants to ask questions that I am fighting the answer with in my mind but hell I don't deserve this! I can't be in turmoil while that man is making out with someone else, God knows.

"Just ask!" I said not wanting her to bring up the question when I'm not ready at least I'm ready now.

"Well, I just want to ask how last night was!" She said with lot of enthusiasm.

"Boring!" I answered. And she gave me the *com'mon tell me everything look* and I smiled, can't I have a little privacy. "Well, we went shopping and also dining and he was practically cold and distant, and being the food girl I am, I was trying, I mean trying hard to initiate a conversation and he just probably run over me, I mean he's acting as if I'm throwing myself on him!" I said in a goal still massaging my shoulder.

"Wait.. wait, you mean he was acting like a jack ass, like he doesn't want to be with you but he has to!" Anna blurted out.

"Yeah, pretty much! He even had to change my name when introducing me as his girlfriend. Ashely Hayes he said, but when I tried telling a woman of his that I was his girlfriend, he said I should cut it that we together is a facade and he told his woman that it's a contract!" I muttered.

Anna sighed. "Babe, you can't allow this to vote you, cheer up. Com'mon let's go grab something since all customers are gone." She literally dragged me to the door when suddenly two people entered and guess what it's my boyfriend and his bestie.

"You guys going out?" Jake asked.

"Not when we have customers!" Anna smiled at Jake as she dragged me back behind the counter. "You're fine seeing him?" She asked.

"It's not like he stabbed me!" I smiled at over protectiveness. "I just don't want to serve." I said.

"I got you!" She smiled walking to the table the men occupied and seconds later she was back and then left again to serve them what they ordered.

"What's wrong with your friend?" I heard Jake ask.

"She's in no mood because of one jerk and bad ass!" She grind her teeth and came to my side.

It was silence was so tight and no one dared to break it. Till they were done eating. Then josh walked up to me.

"Hey." He greeted and I only nod. "Why the silent treatment?" Jeez the guts of this man.

"I think you should ask yourself that question! " I said putting up a smile.

"I don't get you!" He said holding my arms.

"Josh, I'm at work and I don't like any distraction." I said. I don't even know why I'm letting his attitude get to me.

"I'm talking to Ashely now."

"Oh please, this is Elena and not Ashely and if you would excuse me I think I'm more interested in your bestie." I said leaving him and walking up to Jake.

" I see you guys are hitting it off!" I said to both Jake and Anna but they only smiled.

"Hell, no! He has his own girlfriend." Anna said trying hard to hide her blush.

"I'm rooting for you instead." I Pat her.

"Josh is being a jerk right?" Jake asked as I sat down.

"It shouldn't affect me, it's only a contract!" I smiled.

"Hell no! See I'm sure he's just edging for some nonsense reason and he'll come back to his senses!" Jake said. "How about we talk about me."

"What about you?" I laughed.

"Well, my girlfriend?" He said smiling, gosh is he handsome.

"Well...I've met her only once and I don't know but you tell us how she is!" I said noticing that Anna wasn't contributing and I could see she was feeling left out.

"Well she's not as pretty as Anna here but.."

"What!" Ana and I exclaimed in unison.

"I'm right." He laughed." But I love her. A lot." He said.

Yeah, I could feel Anna heart sink.

"But I like you both, you're not like others that impose themselves any opportunity that comes by. And I'm rooting for you and Josh!" He said.

"Impossible, I can't end up with someone who is a fun killer!" I said.

"You'll get to know him, he's not always like that!" Jake said. " And Anna, I will be waiting for the day you introduce me to your boyfriend, when you finally have one.I'll be at your side." He said. Yeah I like him, at least he's not like his friend. He's entertaining.