Chapter 8

Annika POV
It was the next day and I and the team headed to the first game of the inner high tournament. "Are you all ready to play?" I asked the team. "Ah yeah, let's do this," Koga said in a confident tone. "We trained like crazy, let's hope it pays off in the game," Hyuga said. As we walked into the gym we looked around for "Dad" but he wasn't there. "I guess dad isn't here yet," Hyuga said and I nodded. "But wait until he gets here," I told him and ironically I heard a pained grunt come from the doorway. "Why are door frames always so short? Thanks, Japan," I looked over and saw 'Dad'. "whoa, he's tall," Koga said. "Told you," I said under my breath. "I looked over at the team we were facing and the captain made eye contact with me and smirked. "Take a picture, it last longer," I rolled my eyes at his words. "I'm good," with that I turned around and went to the bench. "What was that about?" Riko asked me. "I saw him while I was scouting last week and he kept looking at me with a smug look, and it really got on my nerves," I told her and she scoffed. "Sound like every guy out there who knows who you are," she told me. "Yeah, I guess. We just need to take care of this game and make it to the next round so I can get the feeling off my back," I responded and she nodded. "Alright boys bring it in," Riko yelled and the boys came in from warming up. "As you all know, 'Dad' is our biggest threat. Kagami we leave guarding him up to you," I told them. I looked at all of their determined faces, but when I looked at Kuroko he look pissed. "Kuroko, you look tense, what happened?" I asked him. He snapped from his trance and looked at me, "Uh, yeah, just determined to win the game," he said and I nodded knowing there was more to it than that. With that, the buzzer went off for the guys to get n the court. The starting five lined up and the whistle blew. "The game between Sierin High and Shinkiyo Academy will now begin," the ref yelled. "Let's have a good game," everyone on the court said.

Time skip -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kuroko POV

The game ended with us winning and we were in the locker room changing and getting ready to leave. The coach and Annika were out still on the bench talking about the game. "Hey Kuroko, you ok? You've been acting weird ever since warm-ups," Hyuga asked me. "Yeah, just thinking about the game, and the comment Dad made before the game," I told them. "Oh, when he called you a kid, I that mean makes sense, that would piss me off too," Izuki said in an understanding tone. "Yeah, we won and you showed him that we are strong, so shake it off," Furihata said. "Yeah, I guess," I said as I continued changing. After I was done I walked out of the gym and to the side, only to find Annika on the phone with someone. "Yeah, I guess you could say that," she said. Then it was quiet for a minute until she spoke again. "No, I'm not going back there, you really think I'd go back after what he did to me with the rest of them," she said sounding mad. Then it went silent again as she listened to the other person speak. "Out of the question, I'll never work under that man ever again, and you can tell him that, have a good day," she said fuming with anger as she hung up. 'What was that about?' I thought as I turned to leave back to the group.

Annika POV

I just got a call from my old manager and the guys are just about to leave. He called me to tell me that I should come back to America to work under a guy that I used to work for as a manager for their team and the face of their streetball team. This is the biggest job I ever had but the cost was my mental sanity. The guys were rude and cocky, and they thought that they were hot stuff, and they loved to hit on me any chance they got. they were three years older than me and they just loved to be the annoying part of my day. I didn't take the offer for that reason right there, The people I would work under. This is also the main reason I moved back to Japan. I started to walk back into the gym when I saw the guys coming out and about to head out. I stayed out until they came back. "Hey guys, ready to head home?" I asked them. "Yeah, let's go," Riko replied, with a smile. I felt someone's eyes on me and I looked over to see Kuroko looking at me. I walked up to him as the others walked away. "Hey Kuro, what's up?" I asked him. "Who were you on the phone with?" he asked, confused but stern. "Oh, just my old employer from America, he asked me to come back to take up a whole job that I had. I was the face of a Streetball team and they wanted me back. I told them no cause I was here and I'm happy. Something I can't say about that other team," I said looking at the sky. "Oh, I thought you were talking about someone else," He said and I looked at him shocked. "You talking about Sei?" I asked. "Yeah," He replied looking away. "What ever happened between me and Sei is in the past and it ended on good terms," I told him and he nodded and we started walking to catch up to the team. 'I wonder what would have happened after I left, if me and Sei would have worked out,' I thought as I walked with Kuroko.