Chapter 8 - UNFINISHED

When I arrived back to my table, I slumped into my seat.

"Ok. What's wrong?" Sky asked with a pointed look on her face.

"Nothing really. Actually just had a civil conversation with Lewis." I explained.

"And..." She motioned for me to continue.

"And nothing. He talked about how he was a nice guy but also a class A jerk if you got on the wrong side of him. And that he's not like his friends. But I don't believe him and I won't until I see for myself that he is actually not a deranged sociopath."

"But you just had a normal chat with him. Isn't that contradicting everything you just said?" She asked. I stared at her for a moment. She had a good point.

"Shh... anyway come with me." I grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the cafeteria until we ended up in one of the bathrooms. I checked every stall to make sure the room was empty before talking.

I reached into my pocket to show her the lighter that Lewis gave me and explained how he told me to 'figure it out'. But figure what out. It was a lighter for Christ sake.

"Hmm weird." Sky said.

"Yup. So what do you think it means?" I questioned.

"Death." She said seriously.

"You have to be kidding me"

"Well it has a bleeding heart on it." She shrugged but then smiled. "Of course I'm joking. You'd have to be dumb to believe that."

"Anyway do you have a serious answer?"

"Nope. Not a clue. Why don't you ask him?" She queried.

"He won't give me the answer, I can guarantee it. He'll just tell me to figure it out again."

"Maybe, maybe not. You won't know until you ask."

"No I'm not asking him. Sorry but I already know what his response will be." I stated.

"Well ok. Suppose you'll have to take time figuring it out yourself then." Sky said.

"You're not gunna help me?" I asked.

"Of course I'll try, but I have no idea where to start." She gave me a smile.

"Neither do I. Maybe I can ask Andy and Emiliano when I get home. They might have some ideas." I suggested.

"Yeah, that's not a bad shout actually. Andres does have a degree in psychology." Sky agrees.

"I think we should head to p.e now. It's going to suck unless we do football or something."

"I thought you like running."

"I do normally. It's just hot today." I explained.

Sky hooks her arm through mine as we make our way to the sports centre. Before she arrived here, I never really participated in any of the lessons unless I got yelled at. I am willing to try now though, so she doesn't have to go through it alone.

We make it into the changing rooms just as the bell rings signalling the start of the lesson. Sky and I walk over to an empty area of the room and get changed into our ugly sports uniform. Blue t shirts and white shorts which would suck for anyone unlucky enough to be wearing black underwear that day. Coach Hannah calls us out of the room a couple of minutes later and tells us that we'll be playing football with the boys team. We'd be spit up evenly into seven boys and seven girls per team. Not the expected eleven a side, but that's to be expected because this isn't a real match.

My name was called and of course I have been placed on the team with Lewis and Nathaniel. Sky has been placed on the other team with Aries and Hayden, but she doesn't seem too bothered about it.