Chapter 5 : The Rose

Some say love it is a river

That drowns the tender reed

Some say love it is a razor

That leaves your soul to bleed

Some say love it is a hunger

An endless aching need

I say love it is a flower

And you it's only seed

When Pete was a little child, he loved to watch superhero movies. There is one quote from one of so many superhero movies he watched, that he really loves. It said like this;

'Well, because it can't all be sorrow, can it? I've always been alone, so I don't feel the lack. It's all I've ever known, I've never experienced loss because I have never had a loved one to lose. But what is grief, if not love preserving?" (WandaVision)

He believed that, in his entire life. Life will give you so many things, so many to offer. When he faced obstacles, when he experienced pain and sadness, he always looked forward because he always believed it's only a temporary situation. Everything will change. Everything was just a passing moment. All the pain and the sorrow he experienced will not be the only thing he will feel in his entire life because in this life, it can't be all sorrow.

He said before that he saw sorrow from his grandmother's life. But he never really experienced that emotion before because he never really made himself attached to someone too deep, emotionally.

Until Vegas.

Vegas made him face sorrow. And that's just the only thing he could feel in that moment after he left this world forever. Everything he believed, that everything is just a passing moment, is not true.

There is something that could happen in your life that makes you stuck in the same place, in the same emotions. It feels like you already lost everything, including yourself, when someone so important to you leaves you and you can't allow it. Maybe it will be a different story, if Pete let Vegas go. But he knew, he always knew that he wouldn't ever allow it. He didn't and never wanted to accept that.

Because of his desperate feelings, a miracle happened to him.

This whole time traveling -crazy stuff, allowed him to meet Vegas again in the other version of his reality. He was so happy, he didn't want to make the same mistake that can make him lose Vegas twice. He just wants to be with him. He didn't know the future, maybe Vegas will get tired of him and won't love him again, they will break up and Pete will face every consequence of his choice -Vegas, but it's okay. As long as he is still alive, still breathing in the same world as him as long as they can. It's okay.

He just wanted more time with Vegas. He just wanted to make Vegas understand that in every version of reality, Pete chose him.

But the question is, what was his mistake? Where did it all go wrong? Why did Vegas must die?

Pete thought about it a lot.

He couldn't eat, he couldn't sleep. All he did was... thinking.

People tried to talk to him, but he shutted himself off completely from the world. He only wanted to think, to recall everything.

Why in this version of reality....Vegas need to die, again.

The day when minor family members attacked the major family house, almost every part of its story happened as we already know. Khun Korn killed Khun Kan in front of Kinn, Porsche, and Porsche's mother. Vegas arrived too late, his father already dead when he found him. But in this version, he did not really feel much about that. Rather than that, he just left the scene and went to search Pete in the garage as he told in the letter. It's already over with his father's death, it's all he thought.