I

Will and I have been friends since we were in second year of college. We had met practically through a mutual friend and became instantly inseparable. His love for music and my love for writing made the ultimate team. As you all know Wilbur is famous for writing his beautiful, Your City Gave Me Asthma, oh, and don't forget creating his extravagant band Lovejoy, but the big brains behind those wondrous lyrics are yours truly.

It was just another shit day in the life of Sophie Adams. I grew up knowing that I wanted to be a writer, but when I came up with ideas for books...I was at a loss for words. Not a single plot made sense to me. Writing stories always inspired me, but when I met Will...something changed. Yes, I still had a passion for writing stories, but not through books and subtle sentences, but through words, phrases, lyrics if you will. Will helped me find that.

I was sitting under the big willow tree, waiting on my friend Shelby, when I was approached by a taller male, "Hey, have you seen my friend Shelby. I was supposed to meet her right here."

"Oh, actually I was supposed to meet Shelby here too, if you'd like you could wait for her here with me,"

"Uh, sure." He takes a seat slowly beside me, as I continue to write in my planner. I recently got a new book idea. I wanted to name it Jubilee Line, I think from that you could guess where this was leading to.

"You seem pretty stressed," he says slowly, looking at me.

"Ummm, just something I've been working on," I responded.

"I'm having the same trouble," he looks down at his hands. "I'm a musician and I want to make a new album. My first ever album."

"That sounds amazing," I was astonished.

"Not really, the working process is hell,"

"What do you have so far?" I ask.

"Just a few lines, I don't find them very relevant,"

"They can't be that bad,"

"They're terrible," he says. "I've been under a lot of stress and hurt lately and I wanted to write songs based on emotions and topics I feel are relevant to me and relatable to other people."

"What are you writing on right now?"

"The Jubilee Line," he tells me.

"No way!" I say excitedly. "I'm writing on that too! Well, not technically a song, but a book. Maybe I could help, I've been told that I do have a way with poetic wording."

"That would be nice," he smiles. "I never really thought about getting help because I thought that it wouldn't be my own work if I got help."

"Trust me...I don't care about the credit," I say. "In fact, that's the least of my concerns. I'm more interested in helping. Any friend of Shelby's...is a friend of mine."

From that day forward, Will and I would work in our free time together to create his amazing album, and yes, did it become amazing. Will and I became best friends that day and I'll never forget his smile when the album was released.

{Created: October 15, 2022 at 12:15 pm}

[Published: October 15, 2022 at 1:29 pm]

[Republished: January 11, 2022]

(Edited: October 18, 2022 at 4:36 PM)

Word Count: 531 words