X

Will's POV

It had been a week since the incident at the carnival and I still hadn't heard a word from Sophie. At this point I felt even worse than before. I completely shattered our friendship. Tommy was right. If I would have just told her I had feelings for her, this never would have happened. This was my fault.

I picked up my phone off the counter and dialed her. It went straight to voicemail, "Hi, it's Sophie. Sorry I couldn't pick up the phone right now. I'm probably busy, but leave a message and I'll get back to you. Bye!"

I frowned and hung up the phone. I tried texting, but the message would just stay on delivered. They weren't even read by her, just left to rot in her inbox.

"Wilbur," says Tommy as he walks into my bedroom.

"Hmm,"

"I regret what I said about torturing yourself then," Tommy confesses. "You're torturing yourself worse now. I mean, you haven't put your phone down all week and you've barely come out of your room. We're worried about you."

"Well, I'm worried about Sophie," I tell him. "I just ruined our friendship and probably her relationship."

"It's not like the pictures are on the internet," Tommy says. "He won't know if they aren't there."

"But Sophie knows," I look at Tommy with saddened eyes. "Sophie is the most honest person I have ever met if there is one and if there's anything I've learned about her...she hates a guilty conscience. She's going to tell him, if she hasn't already."

"Will, you can't hold yourself accountable for all of this," Tommy states. He sits down in the chair behind me. "You said it yourself, she kissed you back. I mean, that's gotta count for something right?"

"That's what made it worse," I looked down at the floor. Tracing my eyes over the cracks in the tile. "She regretted kissing me. She has never had feelings for me."

"Technically, she couldn't ever have feelings for you," Tommy points out. "She had a boyfriend and she still does."

"That didn't stop me from kissing her,"

"It didn't seem to stop her from kissing you either,"

"It's not about the kiss, Tommy," I stand up and walk over to the couch. "It's about her regretting the kiss. It's about her running away and avoiding me. It's about losing my best friend, all because I couldn't tell her I liked her from the start."

"Have you tried talking to her?"

"No shit,"

"Well, she's not gonna answer your calls or even read your messages," he shrugs. His eyes light up with ideas. "Maybe you should go over and try to talk with her. She can't really push you away when you're standing on her front porch."

"I don't know if that's a great idea,"

"What do you mean?" Tommy asks. "Of course it's a great idea."

"I always get the feeling her boyfriend hates me,"

"If he didn't already, he probably will,"

"Not helping, Tommy,"

Tommy walks over to the couch and stands in front of me. I feel a hard flick on my forehead, "What the fuck?"

"JUST GO," Tommy yells. "The least you can do is try."

"Fine," I look at Tommy angrily, as I rub my throbbing head. "And keep your hands to yourself, you gremlin."

"One more thing," Tommy calls as I start to walk out the door.