VII

Will's POV

"Sophie, wait!" I climb out of the booth and try to look for her, but I can't find her. As I'm walking I spot George and Tommy. I pulled Tommy away, just as he was about to walk up to the ride.

"What the hel-" he starts.

"I messed up, Tommy," I told him.

"What exactly did you mess up?" Tommy looks at me. "Plus, you mess up a lot of things. Very frequently. How big was this one?"

"I kissed Sophie,"

"Will," he says with wide eyes. "That's awesome! You finally grew some balls! I am finally proud to actually call you my brother! So...where is she? Did she like it? Did she kiss you back? Are you two dating? I want to see her. Where's Sophie?"

"Tommy, stop!" I yell. "NO, SHE DIDN'T LIKE IT! SHE HAS A FUCKING BOYFRIEND!"

"Ohhhhhh," Tommy says with realization. "The only thing I can tell you is you fucked up in that case."

"Not the time!" I yell. "Can you help me find her?"

"You lost a grown woman?" Tommy asks. "Wow, you are a horrible boyfriend."

"I'm not her boyfriend!" I yell once again. "Just help me find her. I need to explain."

"Fine," he mumbles as I drag him along the entirety of the carnival.

I spot Shelby and Niki in the corner at a table eating funnel cakes, "Hey, have you guys seen Sophie?"

"She said she was going back to the car," Shelby tells me. "She looked like she had been crying."

"This is all my fucking fault," I groan.

"Will..." calls Niki. "How is this your fault? What did you do?"

"I...Nothing," I tell them as I run off to go find Sophie.

When I found the car it was empty.

"Well, great Wilbur, you scared a woman from a carnival by kissing her," Tommy taunts. "You're at an all time low. I mean you've peaked in failure. I mean if you could get viewers for this...you would actually start getting subs and then you'd be famous like me. Even though they're through pity, it's still-"

"Would you shut the fuck up!" I yell at him. "This isn't just my fault. It's yours too. I wouldn't have done it if we weren't in that stupid photo booth. Why were we in that photo booth? Oh, right, we were in the photo booth because Tommyinnit can't shut his mouth, so I felt like I had to go so that I would stop you from ruining my friendship, but it got ruined anyway! All because of you!"

"Well, if you would have just told her in the first place this never would have happened!" Tommy yells back. "This is your fault and you can't blame me. Maybe you would still have your best friend if you weren't so scared of saying how you feel and being a pussy."

Tommy stomps off angrily back into the carnival and I'm left standing alone in the rain. Oh, great, another stupid fucking cliché.

{Created: October 15, 2022 at 5:29 pm}

[Published: October 15, 2022 at 5:56 pm]

[Republished: February 12, 2022 at 2:04 pm]

(Edited: October 18, 2022 at 4:40 PM)

Word Count: 504 words