IV

I woke up Saturday in a sudden burst of energy. I'd never been so excited in my life. I mean, yea, I've been to the fair before and I am a 23 year old woman, but I was still happy. I got to spend the entire day with my friends that I haven't seen for the past two weeks.

I quickly picked out an outfit, finally deciding on a black spaghetti strap crop top, black short, white shoes with multicolor laces.

I put on some light makeup and got in the car. When I got to Wilbur's, he was standing outside looking at the road. When he sees me he waves. I get out of the car and run up to him for a hug. I jump up into his arms and wrap my legs around his waist tightly, "Wilbur."

"Why are you so happy to see me?" he asks. "You saw me like three days ago."

"More like three years," I mumble.

"You might want to get down before the others-"

"SOPHIE!!!" yells my favorite blonde.

"Tommy," I yell as I pull myself from Will and run to Tommy. He hugs me back tightly.

"Why were you in Wilbur hugging like that?" he asks.

"I was just happy to see him."

"Okay," he smiles. "Well, Gogy is on his way over, he just had to go get something that he left in the car."

As soon as the words slipped George was standing there holding out his arms, "GOGY!!!"

I hug him and slowly kiss him on the cheek, "My favorite hot best friend. How are you?"

"I'm great Sophie," he smiles. "You?"

"I'm great," I smile. "Before you ask, Leo told me to tell you he said hi."

George smiles once again, "Tell him I said hi back."

Will's POV

I stood there in shock as Sophie flung herself from my body and hugged Tommy. I loved that she enjoyed my friends and never ceased to amaze me by how lovable she was. Of course, in a friendly manor.

When George walked over she quickly ran over and kissed his cheek. My blood ran hot. I knew they had known each other longer, but it still hurt. Doesn't she have a boyfriend?

But why did I care? She's not my girlfriend. Actually, no, I don't care. She's my best friend. I don't care what she does. It's not my concern.

"Will, you've been staring at Sophie and George for the past two minutes like you just lost the love of your life," says Tommy interrupting my thoughts. "When are you gonna tell her?"

"Never, Tommy," I look at him. "I'm never going to tell her. There's no point. She has a boyfriend. I'm not a homewrecker."

"Just because you tell someone your feelings doesn't make you a homewrecker," Tommy mumbles.

"It can cause conflict," I explain. "I could lose my best friend."

"Well, you're torturing yourself like this," Tommy looks at me angrily. "Everyone can see it. Even Sophie sees it. She just doesn't know it's because of her. She's worried about you, we're worried about you, even your viewers."

"There's no reason to be worried," I shrug. "I'm perfectly fine. Just taking a break."

"A break?" Tommy asks.

"Yes, a break,"

"A three week break," he says. "You haven't streamed in three weeks. Since Sophie left for her trip. She's back, so what's your excuse?"

"I was spending time with her before she leaves for her trip next month,"

"What trip?"

"She's going to America next month,"

"Wilbur, what if they're planning to move there?"

"That's stupid," I tell him. "It's a vacation, not a lifetime decision. Even if she does move I don't see how that is any of my concern."

"Because you like her you moron,"

"I don't like Sophie," I look back at Tommy again angrily. "I'm over it."

"But Will-"

"I'm...Over...It."

"Fine,"

{Created: October 15, 2022 at 3:45 pm}

[Published: October 15, 2022 at 4:28 pm]

[Republished: January 11, 2023 at 3:32 pm]

(Edited: October 18, 2022 at 4:37 PM)

Word Count: 637 words