Hayley's P.O.V.

"Dad! I will become socially humiliated if I take the bus this year! Like, the bus is for losers! This is like a crisis!"
"Oh common, Hayley. Its not the end of the world. Just because your parents can't drive you to school doesn't mean you are a loser, Hayley. You are over exaggerating."
"Ok. Fine. But you have to by me a car after I pass my drivers test Ok? Make it a nice one too."
"You know we will Hayley. All you have to do is take the bus for a little while, then pass your driving test."
"Yah. I know you will do whatever I want! Oh! I see the bus! Bye!"
"Bye Hays."
I stepped out the door, as confident about the third year of high school as I was the second. This was going to be a breeze.

"Hay bus driver." I said.
"Hi Hayley. Welcome to bus 4849."
"Thanks."
But when I turned to get a seat, there were no spots except two. One next to a boy, or one next to a girl. Eh, a girl is fine. I guess I could get to know her a little.
"Excuse me, could I sit next to you."
"Um, sure." The girl said. "But I would be warned. I am new and I don't even know what an American high school looks like."
"Omg, omg you don't know what a high school looks like?" I said. I almost didn't believe what came out of her mouth.
"Yah. I moved here from India in the summer. I haven't even had a chance to learn how to read American that well."
"Well you sure know how to speak it. Classes over the summer?" She must have. She was very fluent and I could only recognize her accent a little.
"Yeah. Tons. My mom wouldn't let me stop until I could have a fluent conversation with any American."
"Wow."
I slipped into the seat right next to her, and we kept talking.
"I could tell you a little about high school." I said. Astonished, she has never been to one and knows nothing about it.
"Yeah, I'd need that." She said.
"First off, what is your name." I said. I had to make sure it wasn't too hard to pronounce.
"Jasmine."
"Oh, that is a fine name then, people won't think your weird and it is able to pronounce."
"Good enough."
"Hm... looks like you are wearing decent clothes, but next time go to the store and get new American clothes, not as plain."
"Ok."
"And for high school, I really can't prepare you for that. All I can tell you is that there are bullies, men, love, bad words, danger, homework, mean teachers, detention, friends, and much, much more."
"Ugh. This sounds so scary. I don't know how I am going to survive this year!"
"I really wish I could help you, Jasmine. But I have all of my stuff to worry about. I am one of the most popular people in the school, and everyone is constantly looking up to me." I bragged a little, but I don't think that would hurt.
"Oh. your one of those people, aren't you. Forget I even talked to you. You never intended on helping me anyway." Jasmine said, and just then, the bus came to a stop, and she stomped off.
Ugh. I feel really horrible now. As I stepped off the bus, she was already many paces ahead of me. How was she going to survive, though? I really didn't want to get messed up like a lot of people do in high school. I had to help her. It was like my instinct.
"Wait! Jasmine! Wait up! I changed my mind! I will help you!"
"I know." She muttered under her breath.
"So how are you going to help me first?"